Webber smokey mountain 14.5

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jheroth74

Original poster
Mar 7, 2017
Anyone add fruit: apple,mango or pineapple slices to the water in the water pan?

I don't use any liquid in my water pan. I tried water once and didn't see any benefit.

Chris

Go ahead and give it a try, but I don't think you'll notice much difference. The water pan serves a few purposes: act as a thermal mass to help a maintain steady temperature, act as a baffle or heat shield so your meat isn't cooking directly over the coals, act as a drip pan, and provide humidity to help prevent the meat from drying out. It does not introduce any significant additional elements to the flavor profile.

All that said, give it a try. you may decide that you like the subtle results which will vary depending on your pre-cook treatment of the meat.

Let us know how it goes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky