War Eagle and Hello from Mississippi.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

auheld11

Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Just started smoking several months ago and am currently doing so on a big crappy grill with indirect heat, so it is extremely tedious, but I love it. I just bought a dual probe thermometer and it has made life much easier. I am doing my first fatty this weekend, probably stuffed with onions, bell peppers, jalapenos and cheese and then wrapped in ham and bacon. I love pork, but am also working on perfecting my briskets. I love Headcountry and Fischer's Raspberry Chipotle sauce. My Favorite Rub is the BearClaw with Honey. My favorite charcoal is Red Oak and my favorite wood is pecan. I use a chimney starter. I also like long walks on the beach and fried pickles...wait ... that is for a different forum.

I am looking at getting the BarBChef Smoker, the Weber Smokey Mountain cooker, or a New Braunfels Hondo Deluxe or Bandera. I just can't make up my mind. Any suggestions, good or bad, would be appreciated.

I have been reading for a while and this is my first post, look out.

War Eagle, MH

try out my design and save money. space is lacking, but the end result is much more fulfilling
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

wow I feel rude, Welcome to the forum! Hope you have fun.

Welcome! Smoker choice is up to you, just get one and get it on! We will be looking for your future posts, and we LIKE pics.

the new braunfels ( btw that town in texas- wurstfest- great party)are great smokers- burn lots of fuel but they last ferever- great choices, either rocks. that being said... hook 'em horns & roll tide (sorry). welcome to smf.share,add, & post often(pics- we love pics).

welcome to SMF. i use a horizontal offset. i use alot of wood, but i get my wood free, so no biggie. we love pics, so i hope you have a good digital camera.

I bought my girlfriend a camera, but she keeps dropping it and breaking it. I will have to buy a camera before I buy my new smoker I guess.

Welcome aboard! I cannot offer an advise on the smokers you spoke of, I'm a gasser myself. There are plenty of others here that have similar types of rigs who can help you out with your choice.
Good luck !

Hey Blackhawk....Poor Auburn is all outta fingers...they gotta go to the other hand to count the number of beatings they've put on UA in a row
icon_biggrin.gif
. Just funnin' ya. Welcome aboard auheld11.

You're right, Auburn Students have to count with their fingers
icon_sad.gif
which they
can easily use to count their 6 SEC Championships, but you know they have to use all their fingers and toes and still don't have enough to count Alabama's
PDT_Armataz_01_38.gif
just havin fun too
icon_smile.gif

Welcome to SMF and glad to see you're on the band wagon. This is the place to be if you like smokin' with buddies, and sharing smoke stories. Good Luck War Eagle.

Dear pitmasters i grew up on a small farm in eastern ohio. Started smoking meat on open fire age 12 wild game love that stuff and peppers two. sorry i did not well come my self to you. The day i tasted hik and cherry i feel in love with smoking meat. My club name is Southwestern Ohio Feathers Fins and Furs. Iam a proud hunter@fisherman. Website coming soon on the club. HOGS BREATH IS BETTER THAN NO BREATH AT ALL
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky