Wagyu brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mmyers64

Original poster
Feb 11, 2017
Katy, tx
New to smoking. I just got a Dyno-glo propane smoker. First up after seasoning will be a Wagyu brisket. Looking for tips, like what temp and how long?

Man...gone all out on that first smoke!! Very nice indeed!! Hard to guess an exact time it will take to cook as each is different but temp is a lot of personal preference. Some cook at 225 some at 325. I generally run mine at 275-300 degrees and length of time will largely depend on weight/thickness of meat.

I will be getting the wagyu on Tuesday but I have a prime one that is 10 lbs and 4.5" at the thickest. If the wagyu is much different then I'll update.

Timewise generally mine run between 1-1.5 hrs per pound depending on temp. At 250ish if I were doing it I would put it on about 15 hrs in advance and whatever it came off ahead wrap it in a cooler to rest until ready. Most of the time mine finish a couple hrs early but every now and then I get a stubborn one that just takes longer. I don't generally wrap mine unless I'm closing in on the 5 hrs until ready mark and it hasn't exited the stall.

Thanks for the tips you guys. One more thing. Do you use wood chips the whole time? The manual said it really isn't necessary after the first couple of hours. I don't want to overwhelm the wagyu flavor.

I don't know on the propane cookers...never cooked on one. Most of the time I just use my wsm cookers. I do keep the smoke the whole time on them though.

Me too!

I keep the smoke rolling the whole time too.

I also moved this to the beef section, I think you will get more exposure there.

Al

I got two and am wondering if it is best to smoke them both then free one or freeze one now and smoke it later..?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky