Venison summer sausage using the smoker and sous vide

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a dedicated container with a lid , but for large chubs or large amounts I just used a regular cooler . Heats up just fine . Good advice above about fitting to what you have .
View attachment 469694
All my coolers were to thick for the clamp on mine,
F4E18AE8-F6AA-46BA-9670-A4BE7C3136BB.jpeg
so I bought a 4 dollar tote at the dollar store

Reactions: crazymoon
Looks great! Nice job. Was actually planning on something similar and Dave Omak pointed out something I'd never read or heard in that SV will make the smoke more intense. 2hrs would not seem enough smoke for me and I would do 6-8hr but have not SV'd after a yet. Any thoughts?
Z, My 2 hours of smoke gave me a nice flavor to the VSS,personal preference prevails when it comes to length of smoke. :) If Dave Omak says that SV intensifies the smoke then I would take that as gospel as he is quite knowledgeable in the SV department!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky