Ultimate Tailgater

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dwindhorst

Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Hi, I'm "Windsock."  Location is Las Vegas, just moved here.  Active duty Air Force.  I'm a beginner using a real BBQ/smoker. 

Have been grilling on a Weber gas grill for many years and on a Brinkman charcoal grill (using soaked oak for smoke and indirect BBQ'ing) until the Brinkman got irreparably broken in a move.  Just replaced the Brinkman with an Ultimate Tailgater model from Johnson Smokers.  Link:

http://www.johnsonsmokers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73&Itemid=86

Trying to find a good source of smoking/BBQ'ing woods in Las Vegas area. Craiglist searches of "firewood" has been less than satisfactory. Found a guy who was going to bring some red oak back from CA, was supposed to call me when he got it, but he never called and I've lost his number.

I did get some mulberry, but I'd love to find that red oak source, or something similar.

Help in Las Vegas anyone, for sources of good smoking woods?

Thanks!

Windsock

Welcome to SMF Windsock.......................You will have fun on this sight...Everyone is awesome.....
grilling_smilie.gif

Thanks all.  Looking forward to learning a great deal here. 

Windsock

welcome1.gif
 to SMF. You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge. 

Welcome to SMF! Glad to have you aboard!

Would you update your profile info to include your location. Thanks!

Welome to the camp fire. I thank you as well for your service to this great country. You are the right place for all your smoking needs. GREAT FORUM and GREAT PEOPLE to boot.

"UP IN SMOKE from Texas

Wow, what a welcome!  Thanks! 

Two Huskers, though?   Two?  I don't know if I can do this!  :-) 

Windsock

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky