typical brisket dimensions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gotbags-10

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
Indy
Sorry not sure if this should go here or in the build section but anyways. I can't smoke full packers, i only have a small electric smoker so i've just been smoking flats. Well i want a bigger smoker anyways and am wanting to build one that will fit a packer so I'm wondering what a typical brisket's size is? My thinking for my grates was possibly 13" deep by 20" wide. Would this fit most packers?

Most of the full packer briskets I buy (approx. 13-15 lbs.) just fit nicely on a Weber 22.5" grill. So I would make your smoke rack more like 25" wide x 15" to 20" deep.

thanks for the info. I'll probably go with 23x 15 then. Keep in mind that I'm only trying to fit one brisket on a rack and also to keep my overall dimensions as small as possible.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky