Twas the night before Christmas and all through the smoke......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
..... three racks of baby back's before my wondering eyes!

I don't know about you but nothing says Christmas like the smell of hickory and 3 racks of baby backs... lol.
newyear.gif

Rubbed them down with a brown sugar based rub.... similar to Jeff's, but with a few twists of my own.

78657ec8_DSCN0099.jpg

No.... that is not a banana eating a 22.5" WSM, it's my winter time insulation... lol.
banana_smiley.gif
 I wrap a 6'x8' welding blanket around the WSM and use metal spring clips to hold it in place. Lets me run at 250° with only 1 vent open even with the outside temp below 40°, and best of all when it is not in use it folds up nice and small and fits in my deck box.

7da58976_DSCN0101.jpg

.... and to get into the WSM I only have to remove the top two clips and fold down the blanket. In go the ribs and I'm now 5 hrs. away from super tastey goodness!

01de91d8_DSCN0102.jpg

(will update with some more pictures later on)
beercheer.gif

Starting to smell like Christmas..... that is provided Christmas is supposed to smell like hickory, mollasas, vinegar, and BBQ!

39f17903_DSCN0104.jpg

... more to come!
th_wsmsmile0ly.gif

icon_cool.gif

Man oh Man those ribs look great to me. Now this whole blanket thingie sure makes me like the weather here in fla.

icon_cool.gif

Man oh Man those ribs look great to me. Now this whole blanket thingie sure makes me like the weather here in fla.
LOL.... yeah, we are having the dryest Dec. on record, but that means clear skies and cold temps. Our lows have been averaging between 32-38 and out highs between 42-50, definately could go for a nice sunny 70° day right about now!

Just added the second glaze of sauce, gonna give them another 30 min. and it should be eating time!
drool.gif

cac9231c_DSCN0107.jpg

You must have shipped all of your wet weather this way.

We have had the wettest year here.   The ground water is only 9 feet below the surface now, they are telling us to expect flooding this spring.  Really you can have some of it back.

Oh and great looking ribs!

Here's a Bear-view.... it's all over except for the burping!

c7265005_DSCN0108.jpg

0d1502ea_DSCN0110.jpg

.... and a little sneak peak at tomorrows dinner! All rubbed down with EVOO, salt, pepper, ganulated onio, fresh garlic, and fresh rosmary! Oooh Yeah!

b4ffaf74_DSCN0111.jpg

Johnnie - you need to move to San Diego so we can share these with you 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky