Trivets, etc.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JeffShoaf

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 4, 2021
Any good sources for trivets to hold flat bottomed pots/pans above the fire? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: JLeonard
Tell me more what you are trying to do. A trivet is typically something you would place in a Dutch oven to keep food off the bottom of pan to keep it from burning.

But according to your post you are trying to keep flat bottom pans above a fire?

Ryan

Tell me more what you are trying to do. A trivet is typically something you would place in a Dutch oven to keep food off the bottom of pan to keep it from burning.

But according to your post you are trying to keep flat bottom pans above a fire?

Ryan
I guess I used the wrong terminology... I'm looking for a stand that holds a flat-bottomed pot up a few inches so embers or charcoal can be placed underneath.

Thanks!

Can't remember if I have this exact brand or something similar:

Texsport Heavy Duty Over Fire Camp Grill​

Do a search for camp grill and you'll find something good. Some will swing over, then away from the fire which might be cool.

Reactions: JeffShoaf
Kent Rollins has just what you are looking for.

Reactions: chopsaw and 02ebz06
I like that Kent Rollins one .
I made this years ago for holding a pot of water at deer camp . Before we had hot water down there .
Might work for this too , but I probably have as much in that as a store bought one .
20190903_142152.jpg
20190903_152037.jpg

For high temperature stands, I use 3/8 rebar. 20' stick for $8. My Home Depot has a shear so I can fit two 10' pieces in the car and just pay for a 20'.

Bend it: over-up-back-across-over-down-back if you can't picture it in your mind.

Helps to make it a little shorter than you think. You can always make a U-bend (and stick pairs of various diameter pipe nipples over the two ends) to add more height.

This is the way I place a large CI pan in my pellet grill to add extra smoke.

Do a search for camp grill and you'll find something good. Some will swing over, then away from the fire which might be cool.
That might be my winner - thanks so much!

Kent Rollins has just what you are looking for.

thanks! I'm not cheap but that seems a bit pricey. Definitely cool looking tho.

I got a little cheaper version since I'm not sure how much I'm use it.

The pic shows it in place on the "fire pit" that was part of a whole animal rotisserie kit I recently bought; I thought the pit would make a good fire table so wanted a stand to put frying pans and other legless pots and pans. This one can do double duty as a grill as well. My Dutch oven and bigger stew pot have legs so there's room for one of those beside the camp grill.

I included a pic with the whole rotisserie kit as well. I'm hoping to figure out a way to mount the spit and motor on my Santa Maria grill for smaller cooks as well.

Attachments

• PXL_20231101_181015527.jpg
    PXL_20231101_181015527.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20231026_212339115.jpg
    PXL_20231026_212339115.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20231027_143000374.jpg
    PXL_20231027_143000374.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: BigW.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky