Traeger grill tripping RFID outlets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Texas Cookin'

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 28, 2019
I’ve had my Traeger since 2018 and have never had an issue with this. Last weekend, I went to turn it on and it continued to trip every RFID outlet that I plugged it into. Eventually I just ran an extension cord into the house and plugged it into a socket that wasn’t RFID. Obviously, I won’t be able to do this all the time. Anyone else have this problem? Thoughts or ideas? Thanks.

Fred

Reactions: JLeonard
Not licensed but do lots of electrical, you talking ground fault or arc fault? I bet ground fault or "GFI". I'd say you lost a ground on the Traeger due to corrosion. Mostly like an easy fix with some penetrant and tightening but you will have dig for it. I'd google your model and GFI and the like and bet you get some decent info. Hopefully someone here with one chimes in.
https://www.traegerforum.com/threads/traeger-is-tripping-gfi-every-time-i-plug-it-in.1948/

The igniter (hot rod) going bad in the Traeger could be the cause or if you were plugged into a GFCI outlet it could be bad.
A couple possibilities...

Not licensed but do lots of electrical, you talking ground fault or arc fault? I bet ground fault or "GFI". I'd say you lost a ground on the Traeger due to corrosion. Mostly like an easy fix with some penetrant and tightening but you will have dig for it. I'd google your model and GFI and the like and bet you get some decent info. Hopefully someone here with one chimes in.
https://www.traegerforum.com/threads/traeger-is-tripping-gfi-every-time-i-plug-it-in.1948/
Yes sir that sounds like my problem. Thank you.

Reactions: zwiller
The igniter (hot rod) going bad in the Traeger could be the cause or if you were plugged into a GFCI outlet it could be bad.
A couple possibilities...
Thanks for the reply I will trouble shoot soon.

I had the same issue a while back on my pellet which is not a Traeger but a Pitt Boss, and it was the ignitor, it was an easy fix. Good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky