Todays smoke!!! Two chuckies,chicken thighs and pepperoni !!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpnmf

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2010
Fl
Got some chucks at Winn Dixie bogo...

Got four as I wanted to try the TSM smoked pepperoni mix that I got as a gift..

Yesterday I SPOGed two of them for the pull and two (5 lbs)  got ground thru the fine plate and mixed with the TSM mix.

Had some thighs that were needing attention so I SPOGed them too..This morning early ..6:30..I fired off the wsm with yard pecan and cranked the MES to 100.

Kinda cool here in the panhandle this morning..

While things was heating up I stuffed the pepperoni in 35 hogs and then ran out so put the rest in some sheeps..

Hung the peps in the MES to dry and the chucks went in the wsm at 225...

Around noon I put the pellet tube in and started the slow climb to 160..

When the chucks hit 165 at 2:30 I panned them with beef broth with some wosty mxed in..

Put the thighs in the wsm at this time..out at 165...tasty...

Chucks came out and into the cooler at 200..

Peps came out at 155 and into a cool bath..then hung in the kitchen for a while...

The chucks pulled nicely with a small amount of tug...very tasty..

Made a sammy with my fav peach and vidalia onion sauce..way tasty...

The pepperoni turned out great..I wasnt sure how it was gonna go..I did add some garlic and ground fennel..

It should be very tasty after some rest.....

All in all a great day for making some smoked chow...

Craig

That all looks great! Is the Sauce homemade or commercial?...JJ

Thank you sir...JJ

Looks good as always....   Is the pepperoni all beef or 1/2 and 1/2 with pig....    

Dave
Thanks dave..

All beef..chucks..

The pepperoni is similar to slim jims...salty and spicy..

Next time I will add some heat..cayenne or flakes..

Craig

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky