Throw down on Boysenberry Ribs and brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JTs BBQ

Original poster
Jul 26, 2020
So yesterday I fired up the pit for my birthday celebration for me and my father in law. I did a little experiment. I did 2 slabs of ribs regular with honey and brown sugar and butter. But one with brown sugar and boysenberry honey and boysenberry bbq sauce for the glaze. Definitely learned a lot more about my pit and where the hot spot is I’m gunna need to fashion a deflector plate. The brisket was my very first attempt at one it was only 28 bucks so we didn’t take too much of a hit everyone liked it but me. It was good and all, but I knew it could’ve been better. Here’s some pics! CC welcome.
The middle rack is the boysenberry rack
Brisket came out tender it bent over my finger real nice but a tiny bit dry and a little tough to pull apart. I wrapped it at 150 right at the stall I think I need to let it roll to 175 before wrapping Next time.
I apologize if this threads in the wrong spot I’m still learning the site.

Attachments

• 36DE0CCC-66EA-4A54-BEA8-D97B21D9D1F6.jpeg
    36DE0CCC-66EA-4A54-BEA8-D97B21D9D1F6.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 6D939D15-693A-4C5B-8C1A-0ACA6B6AE5AA.jpeg
    6D939D15-693A-4C5B-8C1A-0ACA6B6AE5AA.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 59
  • F871B5CC-17AA-413A-B77E-E59BF943762E.jpeg
    F871B5CC-17AA-413A-B77E-E59BF943762E.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 54
All looks good from here! Which ribs did you like better? Did see a post where biscuits were placed around a smoker to help show where hot spots and cool spots are, you could give that a try also.

Nice job!
Ryan

Reactions: nicefly
All looks good from here! Which ribs did you like better? Did see a post where biscuits were placed around a smoker to help show where hot spots and cool spots are, you could give that a try also.

Nice job!
Ryan
Thank you
Ooh I’ve never heard of that before I’ll try that.
I like using baby backs every now and then I can get a fat slab with some good thick meat. This one I got from sams club, I was expecting a 2 slab pack but we were surprised with 3 slabs so I’m not trippin too bad I toasted one lol.

Nice job!
Ryan
Can use plain bread and save those biscuits for some sausage gravy. :emoji_sunglasses:

Reactions: JTs BBQ
So yesterday I fired up the pit for my birthday celebration for me and my father in law. I did a little experiment. I did 2 slabs of ribs regular with honey and brown sugar and butter. But one with brown sugar and boysenberry honey and boysenberry bbq sauce for the glaze. Definitely learned a lot more about my pit and where the hot spot is I’m gunna need to fashion a deflector plate. The brisket was my very first attempt at one it was only 28 bucks so we didn’t take too much of a hit everyone liked it but me. It was good and all, but I knew it could’ve been better. Here’s some pics! CC welcome.
The middle rack is the boysenberry rack
Brisket came out tender it bent over my finger real nice but a tiny bit dry and a little tough to pull apart. I wrapped it at 150 right at the stall I think I need to let it roll to 175 before wrapping Next time.
I apologize if this threads in the wrong spot I’m still learning the site.
Man they look good to me. Can't beat ribs and brisket!

All looks good to me. The ribs look great, and that smokering on the Brisket looks wonderful.
I usually wrap Brisket at 170 IT.
Thanks for sharing.

Looks good! Did you like the boysenberry?
Yeah the boysenberry came out super good sweet and tangy in the right spots. were from California and go to knotts when we can so one day I grabbed the honey and bbq sauce and decided to try it on ribs and they went quicker than the other racks. I definitely recommend it

Have to try boisenberry ribs! Looks great...

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)
I highly recommend it even if you don’t have Boysenberry bbq sauce the boysenberry honey was a good profile

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky