thermometrs

Discussion in 'Charcoal Smokers' started by jd28472, Mar 9, 2014.

1. jd28472

jd28472 Newbie

Can anyone recommend a good duel probe remote thermometer. I have been through two and they don't hold up. Both sharper image and Oregon scientific .  thanks

2. demosthenes9

demosthenes9 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Maverick et-732 or et-733. Todd at amaznproducts sells them

jd28472 likes this.
  3. smokeyjman

smokeyjman Fire Starter

Maverick et 733. Got mine from firecraft for 69. The et732 was 59 cheapest i could find its the older model. I figured im at least 60$ in might as well get newer model for another ten bucks.....

Free shipping on my order

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    jd28472 likes this.
  4. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Have a Maverick ET-732 and would not give it up, it's the best thermometer I've ever owned and trust me I've been thru more than I care to mention.

jd28472 likes this.
  5. Maverick is awesome, mines sat out on the smoker through fog, drizzle and rain and still works perfectly.

jd28472 likes this.
  6. noboundaries

noboundaries Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yep, love the Maverick 732.  Amazon sells them for as low as $45 with two shorty probes if you watch the prices. 

7. I'll jump in & say that I'm another who loves the ET-732 - I would replace it in a heartbeat if anything ever happened to it...

8. db28472

db28472 Fire Starter

Dude, all you had to do was ask me. You know I have all the gadgets! I really like the Maverick. Probe for heat in the Q and one for meat. I got a second neat one that I swap out the Q one for while cooking two different types of meat. There is a wireless remote that show both temps. Tell V.
    to get you one for Father's Day!

9. db28472

db28472 Fire Starter

Oh yeah, get a Thermapen too. Amazing instant read thermometer.

10. smokey bruin

smokey bruin Fire Starter

11. smokey bruin

smokey bruin Fire Starter

Is the thermo pen worth the money? I see them for sale for up to $299! Are there some out there that are cheaper?

12. db28472

db28472 Fire Starter

The thermapen is amazing.  My wife is using it all the time now too.  I asked for another one for Father's Day to keep at my lake house.  You'll never overcook anything using this.  I used it just last week when making beef jerky.  The point is so accurate it measured the thin strips of meat.  On amazon for $199.  Use the link from this site and the forum gets a small cut too.  Worth it, but expensive.  I hope they last a long time.