Thanking about doing a mod

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnboybaker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 8, 2016
Roanoke VA
I built my offset about a year ago now and i use one of the online calculators for the build and every thing turned out good all but the exhaust. The calculator said I needed 80" of 2.5 pipe so I made 4 pipes 20" and it gave me way to much draft pulls ash in to the cc and uses way to much wood. So I've been putting a coffee can over two of the pipes as a damper and works great. So I was thinking (with can be a bad thing) that if I moved two of the pipes to the same side as the fb and dropped in a plate 7/8 the length of the fb and put dampers in the pipes I could use it as a offset or a reverse.

I have no experience with this so I have no technical advice, but based on other build I've seen, that looks like a lot of pipe.

Before I added my heat defuser at the firbox it was 300ish at ff 150ish ex side after the defuser 275 ff 225 center 190 ex side and the cooker is 58" long. Witch is fine if I'm cooking burgers for lunch and butts or ribbs for dinner. But when I cooking 5-8 butts for me and my friends like I do offten it can be a pain moving them around to get a even cook. I would like to get to about to about 50° differences across or less

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky