Tatonka Dust On Pork Butt???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nitro195601

Original poster
Jun 9, 2012
Greenville, SC
I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the Tatonka Dust on a Pork Butt yet? I am planning to smoke a butt this weekend and wanted to try a different dry rub. I have tried the Tatonka Dust on a couple racks of ribs and turned out great, just not sure about on a butt. In the past I have always used Jeff's Rib Rub and love it. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
42.gif

Thanks MH, I have quiet a few dry rubs that I have gotten from this site and a couple other sites and really like each one. It's just I have some of the Tatonka Dust, which I learned about on this site and people talked about how great it is, and that is why I ordered it. I have tried it on several cuts of meat but not on a butt and I was just wondering if anyone had tried it and how it turned out for them. I nay just give it a try anyway and find out, just another excuse to smoke some meat, like I need an excuse. lol, I LOVE my smoker!!!

I would venture to say if its good on ribs , it'd be good on pork butt.....it's all pork , no?

i feel the same way about my smoker...my wife says "you talk about that smoker like its a PERSON!"      Hey , that thing makes me happy! (And I love my wife too)

You are right Hambone, it is pork!!! I guess when I retire I will be spending a lot more time with the smoker, can't wait... Uh  and more time with my lovely wife!!!!!

You are right Hambone, it is pork!!! I guess when I retire I will be spending a lot more time with the smoker, can't wait... Uh  and more time with my lovely wife!!!!!
It is nice when you are retired to be able to pick any day that you wish to play with the smoker. Yes, even after being retired for 7 years, it's nice to spend more time with the wife.....but

there are times when I definitely do need some of MY TIME. 

Most commercial rubs are OK or good. Since you have it, may as well use the Tatonka Dust on the butt.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky