Summer time... no thanks!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cabin fever

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
Orange, VA
I just checked our local weather over on Yahoo and there's a heat advisory in effect from 12:00 pm tomorrow until Tuesday evening. It lists tomorrow with a high of 93 while Tuesday has a high of 98 with a heat index of 105. I don't know about you folks, but this is why I'm not a fan of this time of year. I'm one of those guys who will stand out side in a blizzard with shorts on while smoking/grilling and having a blast, but I just can't tolerate the heat. Heck, it's not even June yet. I just picked up 160 pounds of Kingsford earlier this morning thanks to the sell at Home Depot, but at this point I don't know when I'll pull the WSM back out of the garage. Hot weather + not smoking = not a good time.

Give me Fall leaves and chilly mornings anytime.
xmas_snowman.gif

well. Today was supposed to be the "best" day of the weekend. We had heavy overcast, breezy and 59 degree high for our picnic. But that's life in the NW!  Cheers!  Hope your beer stays cold!

Here's a suggestion, why don't you buy a used swimming pool pump and hook it to a sprinkler that shoots up over your smoker, turn it on and you could be "smokin' in the rain!" 
biggrin.gif

Actually I feel for you bro, I fell the same way about winter.

Gene

I love living in So Cal and the endless smoking cycle. Sounds like you need to get a freezer to stand in
biggrin.gif

Down here in Florida you don't even need charcoal the sun gets the smoker hot enough to cook!   
icon_mrgreen.gif

I am with you Cabin Fever I hate it also and the older I get the more I hate it and you see where I live. I also know that ya`ll have had some real crappy weather this year so far. I am waiting on Deer season...

Last edited:
I swear, if it wasn't for mowing our grass once a week, you'd never even see me outside from mid-May to mid-September. True story! 
biggrin.gif

We keep our A/C set to 73 and it's been running these past few days from around 10:00 in the morning to 12:30 at night without even kicking off once. I can't believe we have two full months to go until August (the hottest month for our area) and we're already getting hit this hard. Anyway, try and stay cool and safe out there folks if you can.

When I started reading your post, I thought you were quoting our humidity level.  The nice thing about where "TheBarbeQueen" and I live is that we can cold smoke cheese all summer long.  If the temp is in the 80's I go running for cover, to protect my delicate rain softened skin.
biggrin.gif
  You all have a happy Memorial Day and keep a place open for those who couldn't be here today.

cabin,  you got it all wrong my friend,  heat is in your mind,  fire the smoker up, get a cooler full of ice and beer, jump in the pool and it will all be good,  I would much rather be hot than frozen!

Miamirick, you sound like my brother-in-law Philip. He's an electrician and as far as he's concerned it can't get hot enough. I've never seen him without a beer in his hand though so that might have something to do with it. 
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky