Stand for MES

Discussion in 'Electric Smokers' started by mama's smoke, Feb 13, 2010.

1. mama's smoke

mama's smoke Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Any suggestions for a stand for the MES to raise it a bit higher?

2. mr mac

mr mac Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Perhaps an old gas grill that you can modify in some way.

3. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

How 'bout a cart???

Check with Dave-------"Pignit".

Bearcarver

4. pignit

pignit Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

5. ryanhoelzer

ryanhoelzer Smoking Fanatic

6. pignit

pignit Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thanks Ryan... was lookin for that thread and couldn't find it. Should be a sticky. Lots of great MES info there.

7. chainsaw

chainsaw Smoking Fanatic

I bought a stainless water heater stand at Lowe's-16" tall and support like 700 + lbs.

8. For my CS, I took off the casters and built a raised platform for it to sit on. 4x4 legs, plywood top (think cheap end table). Made the front legs a bit longer than the back to keep it level on my front porch (which is slightly slanted for water run-off). Took about 15 minutes to build, overnight for the paint to dry there it is. Raised it about 15 inches from what it was.

John

9. donnylove

donnylove Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Go to a printer/copier supply business. They typically have used printer cabinets complete with wheels and cabinet-style storage. I was able to get my pick from a bunch of different styles and the guy gave it to me for free (I took him a smoked turkey breast as a thank you).

Previoulsy posted my mods here with pics:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ht=MES+cabinet

10. deltadude

deltadude Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Take a pic and post it or send me the pic and I will added it to the MES Hot Mod list, if it looks unique or is an improvement I will post an award with it.

11. jamminjimi

jamminjimi Meat Mopper

This is the stand I built for mine. Just some 2x4's and a countertop. Oh and casters from Home Depot.