Stainless Steel Mesh Sink Strainer as a Fire Box

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ArgyleBill

Original poster
Jul 30, 2023
I have been using a Stainless Steel Mesh Sink Strainer, from the Dollar General Store, as a fire box to put my pellets into. I get just over one hour of smoke time. The strainer sits nicely any where within the pellet grill, charcoal or gas grill. Just keep directly away from foods being smoked as it does get hot.
Put Pellets into strainer.
Using gloves, Light pellets with propane torch.
Get a good flame going on pellets, let the flame die down on its own, don't blow out the flame yourself. It's a safety mandate, one could inhale the flame & smoke...
I usually place mine in the bottom of the Pit Boss Pellet Grill, but sometimes move it to the grill plates themselves, placed into a corner.
Have made a stand for the strainer if needed, it's just a washed & used Frito Bean Dip container cleaned out.... see below.
Cheaper than the tubes on Amazon.

Cold Smokekd Onions, Sweet Bell Peppers & Tomatoes.jpg
Stainless Steel Mesh Sink Strainer.jpg

Stainless Steel Mesh Sink Strainer-2.png

I forgot to show pictures of the strainer in use and possible locations for it to be placed within the smoker. I.m using a Pit Boss Lexington Smoker.

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0818.JPG

IMG_0819.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky