Stack size correct?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Blakus

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 9, 2020
Hi everyone, my RF build is progressing now, and I’ll soon be at the stage of fitting the stack.
I just want to make sure I get it right.
It’s a relatively small build, tank size 46” X 15”, FB 15”X15”.
With it being so long and skinny it seems the right thing to do is to go big on the stack for good air flow, I was planning on 6” X 36”.
I’d like to hear people’s opinions.
Thanks, David.

Attachments

• IMG_0871.jpeg
    IMG_0871.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: JLeonard
I used this tutorial/calculator for my build (in signature below)... Run your numbes through it and it will give you the size you need...

I used this tutorial/calculator for my build (in signature below)... Run your numbes through it and it will give you the size you need...

If I’ve used the calculator correctly, then a 6” stack only needs to be 6.5” long 🧐
Is there any harm in going longer than what’s calculated?

I think he mentioned somewhere in there that it should be somewheres around 32" above the cook chamber for the best draw...
Yes, I think you’re right. If I make it 32” long it will be 5X the ESV required.
Is there any problems with having the extra length?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky