Squirrel hunt n cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Timber II

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 15, 2023
Swamp east Missouri
Got out w the ol’muzzleloader!

Attachments

• IMG_4811.jpeg
    IMG_4811.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 78
Man that looks great. Back when I was hunting regularly, there was a older lady that lived not far from me. I'd take a bunch of squirrels to her and she'd make squirrel and dumplings with them. No one in my house would eat them. So that would be her and I's dinner date. And biscuits. Still cant get my biscuits to taste like hers!

Jim

Man oh man could I go for that. Don't seem to be the number of people squirrel hunting anymore. Plus, the amount of property to hunt on has gone way down.

Warren

Last edited:
Reactions: Timber II
Man that looks great. Back when I was hunting regularly, there was a older lady that lived not far from me. I'd take a bunch of squirrels to her and she'd make squirrel and dumplings with them. No one in my house would eat them. So that would be her and I's dinner date. And biscuits. Still cant get my biscuits to taste like hers!

Jim
My grandmother made squirrel dumplings for me as long as I brought her the young ones.

Awesome time right there! Squirrel hunting is one of my favorite things to do! Sadly it takes a backseat to all of the other stuff I got going on lol!

Reactions: Timber II
I don't think I've ever had squirrel.
Look clean, did you bark shoot them?
We would walk through the woods jerking on vines. Many times, squirrels will build their nests in the forks of trees with vines growing through them. Jerk the vines and they would run out. One person would jerk the vine and one or two would look for the squirrel and shoot. Sometimes the nest would have possums in it 🤣

We always made a perloo, also called pilau, perlo, or purloo, with them...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky