Somebody be stealin my Wood!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.

travcoman45

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 19, 2008
A Holler in North Iowa
I"ve had a perty good stack a maple an apple wood waitin ta split an chunk. I thought my piles looked smaller then they should, somebody be stealin my wood!

First they steal my smoker, NOW there stealin my wood too! This is war people! Somebody bout ta get a butt full a buckshot an rocksalt!

Nobody here in Maine steals wood because we all have at least one piece of firewood with a stick of dynamite drilled into it. Of course, we happen to know which one it is:-)

Cabelas has the answer! Without going into detail I recovered some stolen goods very quickly! Get a motion detecting game camera. Aim it carefully so as to collect a license plate.

Cheers!

Much more civil way to settle it than I was thinking .. good call Monty.

Just make sure you put up signs saying you're on film. I have a problem with my fence getting tagged (graffiti) and last time I was out repainting it a city worker stopped by and we got to chatting about solutions. He said his son had the same problem and put up a camera and got a really good face shot of the guy doing it, took it to the police and they said they couldn't do anything with it because his property wasn't properly marked with signs notifying the criminals that they were on video. Stupid. That may be just the bass-ackwards laws here in the nanny state of oregon, but you might want to check it out before you chunk down some change on equipment that may not do you any good anyway.

I agree. I just hope the turd isn't reading any of this. Could be that's how he knew where to look in the first place. I sure hope not.
PDT_Armataz_01_16.gif

OK yall, since when is a hillbilly civil?! I are pi$$ed! This has got ta come ta an end, they been robbin from round these parts fer years, lost tools, equipment, MY SMOKER! an now my wood, a camera is a right fine idear, but the shotgun is a sitten in the closet! Might be time ta invest in a new pooch! Sumtin with alotta teeth!

On a better note, my peppers er dryin nice!

I beleive this is true in Iowa also, not sure cuz we also do security systems with video and we don't post any thing, not sure.
But i do find it funny, we got cameras ALL AROUND our shop, and my truck had all the cooper wire stolen off of it, even took it of the spooler and left the spooler in the truck, aperently the cameras didnt catch the front of the building by the street.

No S**t we used to do that here in Wisconsin years ago. A lot of miners with easy access to it and only a couple of stoves blown up, word spread.

neaver heard of the stick o dineoomight heeehaaaa that would work,,,you guys play rough...it would work,,,

Hey Trav..could ship you my Rottie...she ain't as small as the avitar..she nqw weighs about 85lbs and plays very rough...I have scars to prove it.

that blows trav... smoker, then wood, you might as well leave some ribs out for em too... Im just lucky the theifs in my neghborhood are too lazy to steal. Hope you get em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky