Smoking my first Brisket.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mjcastella

Original poster
May 27, 2014
Just got a new master build electric smoker this week and i'm being ambitious and trying out a brisket. after about three hours i started getting the nasty thick white smoke i opened it and changed the wood and instead used soaked chips .I am using hickory wood chips because we had no chunks and didn't have time to get any could that be the reason they are smoldering so easily and making white smoke? ps i am maintaining about 225 degrees f. Thanks for any help.

Well its a little late but how did it turn out?  Don't have any experience with an electric smoker but bbq seems to take a lot of experimentation to see what works for you.  The chips should have more surface area than chunks, that could make a difference.  Not sure why it took 3 hours for the smoke to get thicker.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky