Smoking Fish - Question?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

new2smoking

Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Utah
I'm new to Smoking Meat and Fish, if you use different flavors of Brines do you need to smoke the meat or fish in different batches or can you put them in the smoker at the same time?

You can put as many batches of fish as you can fit it the smoker at one time, but remember which is which, so you can remake your favorite. I take a lot of notes on everything. Then get rid of the stuff that I didn't like, and move the best into another book------ "These Are The Best" book.

Bearcarver

sometimes i do multiple method batches... if i am using multiple racks aqnd usually i am, i keep all the same stuff stacked on top of each other so different stuff dont drip onto another. just to ensure you dont get a cross contamination of flavors... just what i do, never know sometimes a mix might turn out good too but i like to be in control as much as possible because if i want to replicate then i dont have other factors involved.

First welcome to the SMF, We are glad to have you onboard

Do not be afraid to experiment,If you try something new, try Weighing and measuring everything.Write it up.

That goes from weights up to températures and times.So the next time it is Easier to change something When Needed.

enjoy the new hobby
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I have done multiple batches of different flavors all during the same smoke. I have a great sweet marinate but the wife doesn't like it. I have yet to come up with a non sweet one that doesn't turn out to salty for me.
But that is the fun gives me more reason to smoke and try different recipes. :)

Robert

First off Welcome to SMF and you need to stop into roll Call and introduce yourself so we can know you and your equipment. Now for your fish and meat I would keep them seperated for the flavors might not mix so well.

I have smoked multiples at the same time however, it is important to remember which is which and also take into consideration what is above what as the fish on the top rack may drip oils and thus flavor onto the fish on the lower rack(s).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky