Smoked Lasagna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chrome

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
Olathe
Well, thought we'd try something new this weekend.
So we made up a big pan of Lasagna and put it in there for 2.5 hours at between 250-300.
It came out very good, but next time I would have a thinner sauce, as this one got a little bit drier that we liked. Upside to that is it sliced and came out of the pan very nice.

Very good.
The top layer picked up the smoky flavor, and of course the "Italian Blend" of shredded cheese on top picked up the best of it all.
Other than being a bit dry it turned out great.

Oh and BTW we also warmed up a loaf of Rosemary Garlic Italian bread in foil (sliced with butter). It was VERY good, with a very mild taste from the smoker.

That is a very tasty looking supper
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
, and it's now added to my " to do " list , thanks for the q-view fix
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Other than being a bit dry, it was a success and we will do it again. Probably foil after an hour next time rather than let it cook "open" the whole time.

Looks great. Did you boil the noodles al dente before preparing the dish? If you prepare the dish with dry noodles, they will suck up a lot of sauce and come out dry. Just my 2¢

The recipe is just whatever recipe you usually use for lasagna. :)

I never boil noodles, and yes, that's probably one reason it was dry.
Didn't think of that though, so next time I'll boil the noodles first also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky