SMOKED HAM LOAF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Its been a while since I had a ham loaf so I decided to smoke one. This is a recipe from a family cook book and we absolutely love it . traditionally not smoked but you know I had to try it that way. Man was it good!

Start out with some ham.. Doesnt really ma9 if its sliced or a whole cut. Use what you have or whatever is on sale. It's going through the grinder anyway. You want about 2lb
0607201255.jpg

Ran it through 1/4 " plate. Then add 1lb fatty ground beef.
0607201606.jpg

Next up the fillers and spices
1cup whole milk
2cup plain bread crumb
2 eggs
1/3 cup brown sugar
1tsp ground mustard
1/2tsp ground cloves
0607201539.jpg

Mix it all up and form into a loaf
0607201626b.jpg

I flipped it over to form it up a bit nicer. The rack left some nice marks in it so I let them stay. Then a dusting of bbq rub. This was killer hogs.
0607201632.jpg

Then I mixed a simple glaze of yelow mustard and brown sugar to brush on the last hour of cooking.
0607201816a.jpg

Wife put together some potatoes to go with it....
Layer of potatoes ,salt and pepper,havarti cheese.
0607201906.jpg
0607201907.jpg
0607201908.jpg

4 layers then dump in heavy cream ,cover with foil to bake
0607201920.jpg

Ham loaf is looking pretty good!
0607201846.jpg

Potatoes are done.
0607202157_HDR.jpg

Ham loaf resting
0607202137b.jpg

Sliced shot
0607202219a.jpg

On the plate with the wifes potatoes and some green beans!
0607202342a.jpg

Sure was a tasty meal! And we had a bunch of leftovers that heat up well. Both the boys eat this up like crazy! That loaf is right at about 4.5 lbs so it feeds a lot!
Thanks for looking!

Oh man thats nice, reminds me of PA Dutch style ham loaf.

I love ham loaf. I have never had it with ground beef, always had it mixed with sausage. Looks like you gave me an idea to try.

Reactions: sharryn
Haven't had a Ham loaf in many years. And I never made one before. This looks incredible! I also have a chunk of ham in the freezer. I think I have a meal planned for the weekend! Thanks for posting this. And congrats on the ride!

JJJJjjjjjjjjjj)jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjk
Haven't had a Ham loaf in many years. And I never made one before. This looks incredible! I also have a chunk of ham in the freezer. I think I have a meal planned for the weekend! Thanks for posting this. And congrats on the ride!

That is a great looking ham loaf. I just got off the phone from ordering 3# of ham loaf from the store. We were both hungry for some. Never tried with beef. Ours is equal parts of ham & fresh pork with brown sugar, water & vinegar glaze. Smoked ham loaf is the best. Hope mine turns out as nice as yours.
Points for sure!

Oh man thats nice, reminds me of PA Dutch style ham loaf.
Thanks! I'm not familiar with a PA dutch style ham loaf but if its anything. Like this im sure its awesome!
Like I needed one more thing to add to my "Gotta Try" list. That looks delicious!
Thanks! I know the feeling...my list is growing long as well!
I love ham loaf. I have never had it with ground beef, always had it mixed with sausage. Looks like you gave me an idea to try.
ive done it both ways. Completely different in my opinion. Both are good but the beef is our favorite.

That is a great looking ham loaf. I just got off the phone from ordering 3# of ham loaf from the store. We were both hungry for some. Never tried with beef. Ours is equal parts of ham & fresh pork with brown sugar, water & vinegar glaze. Smoked ham loaf is the best. Hope mine turns out as nice as yours.
Points for sure!
that sounds good! I'm sure it will be great! If you ever get the chance to try it with beef I think youll be suprised. And the cloves in the mix makes a world of difference.
Wow that looks great Travis! I gotta try this too. I never had it.
Thanks xray! Give it a go ! It really is good stuff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky