Smoked Deviled Eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lcruzen

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 16, 2007
Hell, Michigan
I'm sure I'm not the first person to try this but just want to let people know that everytime I've brought these to a party they are a hit.

Boil eggs for 18 minutes, chill and peel. Set smoke for about 140o and smoker for about an hour with your favorite wood. Chill and proceed to make deviled eggs as you normally would. I use mayo, dijon mustard, parsley, salt and pepper.

With the Holidays approaching this is something different to bring to a potluck.

Lou

kewl lew.........thanks..........

i tried these, but only smoking the yellows......didn't werk out well.........so......smoke the whole egg then........slice in half after smoking and proceed as usual..........???

now my local buthcer has em smoked........dark green looking.....is that how they will look?

Thank you for the recipe lcruzen...I've always wanted to try them, just haven't gotten around to it.
I'll try your recipe! Thanks!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Always looking for something else that my wife may like.
she always makes deviled eggs for special occasions. Try these on for size I'll tell her.

Now this sounds like a good one to try....I'm glad I came to this forum....Love you guys/gals/smokers....DemoMan

I love creativity when it involves food... nothing like trying something new. Keep it up my friend!

The yolks take on more smoke than the whites and the whites sometimes look dirty after smoking so if I'm taking them out of the house I will often just smoke the yolks then mash, mix and stuff as usual.

I think the 18 minutes is correct. But I believe, from grammy's cook book, it is: bring to a boil, then SIMMER for 18 minutes.

Also, do you feel that you get smoke to the yokes? I'm wondering if you went ahead and halved them, then smoked. Probably wouldn't take as long, and you would get good smoke to the yoke; nothing wrong with a little yoke smoke, eh?

last time i did these......i did as deb mentioned.......just smoked the yolks.......tho i did it in my pos verticle propane smoker.......and didn't really get much of a smoke flavor.....maybe next time.........smoke em on the ecb..........

Now this makes much more sense. The OP made it sound like you actually boil them for 18 min, which seemed way too long. Thanks for correcting this.

Yep, I smoke the whole egg and chill and slice after. Mine are just slightly brown on the outside, not green at all. Just want to hit it with enough smoke to flavor it.

I've always cooked hard boiled eggs for 18 minutes. Boil the water, add the eggs and when the water returns to a boil time them for 18 minutes. This is just my way and I know there are a lot of opinions out there on how long they should go. The important thing it to get there however your comfortable with.

From my expereince the white does take on a slight brown color but nothing un-appealing. When i eat deviled eggs they are 1 amybe 2 bite and whether it is the white, yolk, or both smoked it pretty much tastes the same.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky