Smoked Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking4fun

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 6, 2014
Solon, Ohio
Has anyone put together a list of cheeses and what they consider to be the best wood to use to smoke each cheese? 

Last edited:
I've smoked quite a few different cheeses, and to be honest; sharp cheddars and Havarti are my favorites.

My first batch ever (Dec. 2012), I used oak wood and that was a little strong, even after resting a couple weeks. Ever since then I use apple. It's the best. It almost sweetens the cheese. Usually 4 hours of smoke is what I shoot for.

i only smoked cheese a couple of times,sharp,sharp cheddar,jalapeno  cheddar,i use a mix of hickory and apple,they all came out good,i also smoked them for about 4 hours which i thought was good.

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a beautiful sunny day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Has anyone put together a list of cheeses and what they consider to be the best wood to use to smoke each cheese? 
Ask a hundred people to make a list and you will get a hundred different answers.  The fun of smoking cheese is making your own list. 

Have fun and enjoy comparing. 
yahoo.gif

Tom

All I'v done is pepper jack, mozzarella and cheddar 

Gary

Oh yeah, I forgot about pepper jack! Smoke some of that, rest it a couple weeks, then slice it it up and put it on a tray with some crackers and pieces of hunter's sausage. Take it to your next gathering of friends and soak up the compliments!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky