Slap Ya Who Soughdough

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Thats right. :emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished::emoji_laughing:

These are just going to get mixed, autolyse, formed into a ball. No stretch/folds.

IMG_8157.JPG

IMG_8158.JPG

IMG_8159.jpg

We must be on the same wavelength the last couple days . I just did the same no stretch and fold X'2 today . Hope yours are better than mine . I'm sure they will be .

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
We must be on the same wavelength the last couple days . I just did the same no stretch and fold X'2 today . Hope yours are better than mine . I'm sure they will be .
Sometimes I dont wanna stay up all night.

Reactions: chopsaw
Last night took all 3 doughs into a ball (no s&f)
Did this 2x.
form1.jpg

form2.jpg

This morning.
form3.JPG

I will be dropping onto my board for a better form. Not doing any baskets or cold retard. They are going right into a dutch and then oven.

Well been a baking day.

I baked 3 diff ways.

First my bread dutch.
damigo.JPG

Second out of the envelop I used an oven bag.
damigo1.jpg

damigo2.JPG

After 45 mins in the bag I cut the top off, took bread from bag and baked for 25 mins just sitting on the dutch bottom and finished.
damigo3.jpg

Now the batard that has been giving me a hard time to get right.

I pulled the shape tight.
damigo4.jpg

Scored and agin I went too deep with the expansion cut. That gives me the look im not wanting.....This is the slap ya mama dough.

Baked in the old oval roaster. Thats a silicone bread sling.
damigo5.jpg

damigo6.JPG

damigo7.jpg

Eat a slice I said not enough slap ya mama but it snuck up on me....Forget the jalapeño's. Next time a bit more mama and some cheese.

You can see I scored way too deep.
damigo0.JPG

Look good to me. I usually don't score deep enough. Haha
I bought 2 oval batards, but haven't had a chance to use them yet.

I like those silicone slings. :emoji_thumbsup:

I am by far no expert on sourdough but I did not want to get into the slap and fold stuff. I do have all day to make dough so I went with this guys recipe. Easy to floow and great for the beginner. Because it is still winter here and the furnice keeps coming on it took 2 days to get my dough to were I would back it.
Kid loves the bread that came of this. So I must have done something right.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky