Semi-noob in Utah

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

devil dog

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
Layton, UT
Hey, great site! I have been browsing for a few days now and finally got registered after a few problems. The e-mail for the "contact us" link is full, mine kept getting returned.

Technical difficulties aside, I live in Layton, UT and have smoked the occasional hunk of meat on my Weber kettle (as best I could). A friend of mine gave me a Char-Broil H2O bullet smoker and I have been trying to use it. I have problems getting to, and keeping it at temp. I have read of the mods and am working on them, hopefully this weekend will get a chance to fire it up and work out the kinks. Last Saturday I did make up some ABT's and threw a few pork country style ribs on the other grate since I had it going anyways. They both turned out awesome! The whole family loved the ABT's and the wife suggested doing something similar using New Mexico green chile's. We both grew up in NM and love green chile in/on everything. Anyways, here's my first Qview for your approval...

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For Those of you New to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.
Click Here it's "FREE"... 5 Day eCourse

How to post Qview to Forum:

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...

Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034

I managed to get to 200. I added a thermometer between the racks, from an older gas grill I refurbished a couple years ago. I think my charcoal pan needs more holes

Welcome to the site, ABts looked like they came out great.
Eventually you will get your temps to where you want them, good thing is if you can hold a steady 200 that will be good enough for the time being to smoke with just things may take a bit longer to cook.

Devil dog, welcome to SMF from a fellow Utah smoker. There are several of us in Utah now-maybe we can plan a Utah get-together.

Lot's of folks willing and wanting to help you out here, all you have to do is shout.

Welcome to the SMF, glad to know you're getting into the smoke. When you say NM green chile, does it mean that you grow your own? I buy about 90 lbs. at the end of the harvest, and once they're roasted and frozen, they last me all year. It's all good my friend.

First off welcome Devil Dog to SMF. What part of Florida cause I'm in the jacksonville area and there are some of us near tallehassee too. You'll like it here cause there are abunch of good folks here that would just love to help you out with just about anything to do with smoking. We really like to have newbies here because they can bring in a new propective to how things are done. There's nothing like a new set of eyes to give and new way to make things that little differant to make things alittle better. So I hope you know about the Qview here.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=58920
Here's a link to photobucket it's free and easy to download pictures. Then if your really new to smoking Look up the E-course.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...play.php?f=127
It's also free and it will give you the basics of smoking. So after all of that you just need to go grab something to smoke and if you have any question just post them here and we will answer it quickly so you don't have any mishaps with your smoke.
Welcome To Your New Addiction

Welcome to the forums! Glad you're here. Nice lookin' qview, too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Put me down on the list if you guys do a get together. Dutch I've been wanting to ask, I saw a pic of you on here a few months ago. Does your last name by chance start with a "w" and end in an "r".
Welcome from me also devil dog.

I would like to grow my own green chile, just haven't yet. We have a standing order anytime relatives come up to visit or we pick some up when we are down south. The next best thing to fresh roasted is the Bueno frozen chopped kind, but haven't been able to find it here in Utah. Even if we did find it, I suspect it would be mild and I prefer the hot stuff!
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky