Seeking TV Set Catering Ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

paulgeorge

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 23, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to gather some innovative ideas for catering on a TV set. As we all know, keeping the crew well-fed and satisfied is essential for maintaining productivity and morale during long shooting days.

We're currently exploring various options for catering that go beyond the typical sandwiches and snacks. Our goal is to provide meals that are not only delicious but also cater to different dietary preferences and restrictions. Additionally, we're interested in ideas that are practical for on-set consumption and can be easily prepared and served.

Whether it's creative meal ideas, unique snack options, or tips on efficient catering logistics, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or insights from your experiences in the industry.

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to gather some innovative ideas for catering on a TV set. As we all know, keeping the crew well-fed and satisfied is essential for maintaining productivity and morale during long shooting days.

We're currently exploring various options for catering that go beyond the typical sandwiches and snacks. Our goal is to provide meals that are not only delicious but also cater to different dietary preferences and restrictions. Additionally, we're interested in ideas that are practical for on-set consumption and can be easily prepared and served.

Whether it's creative meal ideas, unique snack options, or tips on efficient TV set catering ideas logistics, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or insights from your experiences in the industry.
Thank you in advance for your contributions!

Paul I don't have anything to offer off the top of my head, but I'll give it some thought. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but you can edit your own posts for a day or so. When I first read your second post. I thought you were thanking yourself for the first post.

Chris

Hello everyone,

Whether it's creative meal ideas, unique snack options, or tips on efficient catering logistics, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or insights from your experiences in the industry.
Paul, your idea is along the field kitchen ideas. Consider buying a customized food/kitchen truck or trailer that is health department approved and would be self-sufficient on set. This would give you space to address changes in crew numbers, diets, etc. while providing a food safe environment. Or if you need a larger venue, look at various NPO field/disaster kitchens set up in a tent/vehicle(s) based.

As for meal ideas/recipes, look at the various foodservice, catering websites and other recipe websites and scale them accordingly. Chef Resources(https://www.chefs-resources.com/) has a good section on kitchen management. I use their spreadsheet for the catering I do with a local NPO. A personal touch would be to use recipes from those on the set and scale the amount to meet the needs of your crews.

For kitchen help, when you preplan your site location, contact the local technical colleges and other local schools for culinary students with an instructor or two to assist. This would give them credit and experience and you would get a varied menu while garnering good PR and helping the local community. Plus, they know where to purchase the "good local foods."

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky