Sear Kit - Recteq

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tpc74

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 8, 2012
Berkley, MI
Anyone have any real world use on Recteq's sear kit, or maybe anyone else's sear kit? I was thinking about picking one up from recteq but I honestly don' know how high it will heat up. Highest I've set it to was 400.

Also, the sear kit from them is hard anodized aluminum, which seems odd in that so much of their stuff is stainless. So I'm wondering if they get it from some other supplier and rebrand it?

I'll also mention they now offer a folding front shelf for the deck boss, which I am for sure picking up.

Reactions: JLeonard
If you are talking about the grill grates - I bought a full replacement grate set for my Weber gasser. They are fantastic on there! LOVE THEM! Tried them on the RT-700 and thought it was kinda meh.

If you are talking about the grill grates - I bought a full replacement grate set for my Weber gasser. They are fantastic on there! LOVE THEM! Tried them on the RT-700 and thought it was kinda meh.
Ah yes, that is exactly what they show on their website! Did they just never get hot enough on the RT?

I have a Broil King, which is going on, well probably the longest the wife and I have ever had a gas grill....we had it before we moved in 2016..so awhile now. I ditched the cast iron grills for some weber stainless ones I could fit in there, but its due for another deep clean. It sees a lot of "pam" or similar type cooking sprays. Still holding strong though. All the markings on the front have worn off, and there is a small dent in the lid from moving guys dropping something on it, but still performs!

I was just hoping the recteq could start to push that one into retirement lol.

Ah yes, that is exactly what they show on their website! Did they just never get hot enough on the RT?

I have a Broil King, which is going on, well probably the longest the wife and I have ever had a gas grill....we had it before we moved in 2016..so awhile now. I ditched the cast iron grills for some weber stainless ones I could fit in there, but its due for another deep clean. It sees a lot of "pam" or similar type cooking sprays. Still holding strong though. All the markings on the front have worn off, and there is a small dent in the lid from moving guys dropping something on it, but still performs!

I was just hoping the recteq could start to push that one into retirement lol.
Pretty much yes, compared to having grill grates over the gas flame, the pellet heat source didnt really do it for me. I eventually tossed them on top of the Weber stainlesS greats To test, then threw down for the whole set For the Weber. They heat up much faster and leave killer grill marks. Overall, cook a much better steak too,

• Love
Reactions: tpc74
Anyone have any real world use on Recteq's sear kit, or maybe anyone else's sear kit? I was thinking about picking one up from recteq but I honestly don' know how high it will heat up. Highest I've set it to was 400.

Also, the sear kit from them is hard anodized aluminum, which seems odd in that so much of their stuff is stainless. So I'm wondering if they get it from some other supplier and rebrand it?

I'll also mention they now offer a folding front shelf for the deck boss, which I am for sure picking up.
My pit boss came with the sear plate i love it sears great!!

Reactions: tpc74
Have the sear plates (3) for my RT 590. Rarely use them anymore because they take so long to get to max temp. I shot mine with heat gun once, 520°With grill turned max

Have the sear plates (3) for my RT 590. Rarely use them anymore because they take so long to get to max temp. I shot mine with heat gun once, 520°With grill turned max
Same experience, but they are fantastic on a gasser. Sadly the ones that came with my RT-700 were a smidge to long and I had no means to cut them, so I bought the full Weber set - worth every penny!

Reactions: Winterrider
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky