Sausage depleted.....Time to re-up ,Updated with pic

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by boykjo, Feb 28, 2012.

1. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Went to Sams club and asked for the heaviest case of butts... Here they are 71.70 lbs....10 butts. I love the box. Its even bigger than my last case. They make good storage boxes for spices. I use my fillet knife and slide it in the flaps and cut the glue so they don't rip....

Have some cheddar and some pepper jack HT cheese....hmmmm... Never tried the pepper jack in sausage... a new one for me......

I'm sure there will be some wieners too

Time to get busy

Thanks for looking

Joe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  2. sam3

sam3 Smoking Fanatic

Holy Butts!    [​IMG]

3. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Joe, morning...  Now I know what Smithfield does with the rest of the pig.... They sell 'em to you.... [​IMG]     That is a good deal...  

I'm in for the sausage too.....   Dave

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  4. slownlow

slownlow Smoking Fanatic

Wow what a score!!  

Now the wait .......... [​IMG]   [​IMG]

5. jrod62

jrod62 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

I will stick around for this one :sausage:

6. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WOWSERS

Jo

You got such a nice big butt box

[​IMG]

Its always fun to re up butt for sausage.

What store did you butt those at...:)

7. Nice! can't wait to see what the end results are.

8. Looks like a nice (read: large) batch of sausage in the making there Joe!

Question for ya, I see the price on the box is $1.36 a pound.  I'm assuming they discounted the price because you bought a case?  Around here, Sam's butts in a 2-fer cryo pack go for about $1.79 a pound.  If they're knocking that much off a case, I may have to look into buying them that way in the future.

Thanks!

-Salt

9. gersus

gersus Smoking Fanatic

Nice butts! $1.36 is a great price. Not too long ago I remember 99 cent sales...... I keep hoping for that again!!!!

10. boykjo

Yes, Sams club has case prices.... I usually call to find out what it is.....I guess the price follows the pork market because it changes all the time..... Sometimes I can get better prices in the grocery

I miss those days.. 40 cents a lb added makes a big difference out of pocket bying in large quantities. Cant imagine when sale price will top 2 dollars a lb in the future... It will get here

11. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Gotta make room in one of the freezers.Leblancs (a local store) has twin packs of butts for $1.29 lb till next monday[​IMG]

12. solaryellow

solaryellow Limited Mod Group Lead

Nice Joe!

13. sprky

sprky Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]  now that's allot of BUTT. 

14. gersus

gersus Smoking Fanatic

Wow eman, that is great!

Seems like everything has been going up lately... arrgh!

15. After seeing this I had to check what the price was at my local Sams. It was per lb 1.58 is the display case and by the whole case 1.39.  So buying on average a 70lb case we can save $14 not to bad at all.  I think I will be heading up that way this weekend for a load of pork.

16. sam3

sam3 Smoking Fanatic

I paid $1.58/lb last weekend at Sam's as well. I'm going back tonight after work for some more. [​IMG]

17. markk

markk Smoke Blower

Can't wait to see what 70 pounds of sausage looks like. i will have to check and see if I have enough room for a case of butts myself.[​IMG]

18. uncle_lar

uncle_lar Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

excellant price for sure.

I buy they by the case also form a freind that rins a local store

I juat paid 1.52 for the case I bought tuesday.  it is a makret thing

up and down all the time but never down as much as up. I too used to pay 99 cents almost regularly

I would love to pay 1.29 now!

19. bamafan

bamafan Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Nice Joe, make sure some of that chedder and jalapeno stuff makes it's way to my cooler in Florida next month![​IMG]

20. boykjo

Ah I feel better now........

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking