Sausage depleted.....Time to re-up ,Updated with pic

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boykjo

Renowned Sausage Maker
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Apr 28, 2010
Raleigh,NC
Went to Sams club and asked for the heaviest case of butts... Here they are 71.70 lbs....10 butts. I love the box. Its even bigger than my last case. They make good storage boxes for spices. I use my fillet knife and slide it in the flaps and cut the glue so they don't rip....

Have some cheddar and some pepper jack HT cheese....hmmmm... Never tried the pepper jack in sausage... a new one for me......

I'm sure there will be some wieners too

Time to get busy

Thanks for looking

Joe

5ab1a8e1_HPIM2317.jpg

e69e49d7_HPIM2315.jpg

b8c9b665_HPIM2316.jpg

8d3b0620_HPIM2317.1.jpg

Last edited:
Joe, morning...  Now I know what Smithfield does with the rest of the pig.... They sell 'em to you.... 
77.gif
    That is a good deal...  

I'm in for the sausage too.....   Dave

Last edited:
WOWSERS

Jo

You got such a nice big butt box

laugh1.gif

Its always fun to re up butt for sausage.

What store did you butt those at...:)

Looks like a nice (read: large) batch of sausage in the making there Joe!

Question for ya, I see the price on the box is $1.36 a pound.  I'm assuming they discounted the price because you bought a case?  Around here, Sam's butts in a 2-fer cryo pack go for about $1.79 a pound.  If they're knocking that much off a case, I may have to look into buying them that way in the future.

Thanks!

-Salt

Nice butts! $1.36 is a great price. Not too long ago I remember 99 cent sales...... I keep hoping for that again!!!!

Looks like a nice (read: large) batch of sausage in the making there Joe!

Question for ya, I see the price on the box is $1.36 a pound.  I'm assuming they discounted the price because you bought a case?  Around here, Sam's butts in a 2-fer cryo pack go for about $1.79 a pound.  If they're knocking that much off a case, I may have to look into buying them that way in the future.

Thanks!

-Salt
Yes, Sams club has case prices.... I usually call to find out what it is.....I guess the price follows the pork market because it changes all the time..... Sometimes I can get better prices in the grocery

Nice butts! $1.36 is a great price. Not too long ago I remember 99 cent sales...... I keep hoping for that again!!!!
I miss those days.. 40 cents a lb added makes a big difference out of pocket bying in large quantities. Cant imagine when sale price will top 2 dollars a lb in the future... It will get here

Gotta make room in one of the freezers.Leblancs (a local store) has twin packs of butts for $1.29 lb till next monday
yahoo.gif

After seeing this I had to check what the price was at my local Sams. It was per lb 1.58 is the display case and by the whole case 1.39.  So buying on average a 70lb case we can save $14 not to bad at all.  I think I will be heading up that way this weekend for a load of pork.

After seeing this I had to check what the price was at my local Sams. It was per lb 1.58 is the display case and by the whole case 1.39.  So buying on average a 70lb case we can save $14 not to bad at all.  I think I will be heading up that way this weekend for a load of pork.
I paid $1.58/lb last weekend at Sam's as well. I'm going back tonight after work for some more.
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see what 70 pounds of sausage looks like. i will have to check and see if I have enough room for a case of butts myself.
drool.gif

excellant price for sure.

I buy they by the case also form a freind that rins a local store

I juat paid 1.52 for the case I bought tuesday.  it is a makret thing

up and down all the time but never down as much as up. I too used to pay 99 cents almost regularly

I would love to pay 1.29 now!

Nice Joe, make sure some of that chedder and jalapeno stuff makes it's way to my cooler in Florida next month!
drool.gif

Ah I feel better now........

4b48d078_HPIM2337.jpg

Thanks for looking

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky