Sauce for the troops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikedixon

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
East Tennessee
My son is in Afghanistan. He wanted me to make him some BBQ sauce. I use Jeff's recipe as a model, and tweak it to my liking. My son is crazy about it, and asked if I would make some and send him. I got it made and "canned" today. It's going to the middle east tomorrow. I hope it's a hit. Keep all the troops in your prayers please. We need them all to come home.

Thats awesome that your able to do that for him. Hopefully it got there intact. How much did you make for them?

First of all please thank your son for his service.

I have shipped liquid before. Make sure the bottle is completely full and you will have to lie to the post office and tell them there is no liquid in the box. Make sure it is well cushioned and it should be fine.

I shipped 5 pints to him. It arrived safe and sound and was a night hit. Some of them want to :biggrin:order some for folks at home.

Super!

Be sure to thank your son and all of his buddies for their service to us.  Also thanks to you and your entire family.  The vet serves, but so do his family and loved ones!

Good luck and good smoking.

I need to do this again. I don't guess one's spelling is too good, while being on SMF driving down the road. I sent my son 5 pints of sauce. It was a big hit. Some of the folks over there with him want to order sauce for their family back home.

Such a great thing for you to do for him & his buddies....trust me, nothing like a care package from home when you're in a shithole like that. Like the others before me, thank him for his service and I sincerely hope he's outta there soon. Time to bring them all back.....best regards

Willie nailed it... Nothing beats a care package from home! Good job and thank your son for his service (for us)! Happy Smoking and God Bless America! Smokin - K

I spent 5 years as a Marine infantryman, I used to cherish care packages. I'm sending him a Kindle Fire for a Christmas present as soon as it gets here so maybe he'll join SMF. I gave him a smoker the last time he visited.

Mike.. Send me a PM with your address.  I would like to send your son and your family a little something from my family... Pay it forward... Happy Smoking, Smokin - K

You did a Great thing here...Thanks to your Son and All the Vets here for their service...It would be a lot harder to sit on our Butts and type on these Computers without all of your sacrifices...JJ

MikeDixon,

What a great memory for you both, you making and sending the sauce, your son privileged enough to have a dad that cared that much. Smokin K hit the nail on the head Care packages from home are the best! 

God Bless you, you son, his buddies, and all the other service members! 

Remember Friday, 11/11/11 is Veteran's day!

usa.gif

icon_cool.gif

First off tell your son "THANK YOU" from another army family. We used to send our sone stuff also but he was in Iraq. Now the one thing that I found out is the if it fit it ships boxes from the post office work to an US post office box. That way you can ship your stuff in those boxes and save some dough. Now he like the snck sticks that use to make and since their cured they travel very well. So it's a great thing that you are doing and keep it up. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky