Saturday Evening Poultry Post

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr mac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 19, 2009
Doniphan MO
You probably need a head of gray to get the title, nonetheless, chicken was the call for the day. Actually, it began Friday morning when we thawed the thing.

As so many do once it was thawed, we got it dried off, laid it on a small rack in a tray and stuck it back in the fridge to thoroughly dry the skin.

Saturday afternoon at around 2pm I fired up the MB gasser and stabilized it at 225° F. Since we're still at my son's house, I used what was in the pantry, which was SPG on the bird. In it went with some hipple (hickory and apple) wood chunks.
1000012054.jpg

An hour and a half in, another couple of small chunks and we're looking good.
1000012056.jpg

Another hour and a half and time to rest. I sought the concensus of the family on whether to slice or shred. Shred it was. The crispy skin was gobbled up by several during the process.
1000012058.jpg

I get the title, Rockwell lived in Arlington Vt. About 2.5 hours south of me. You chicken could be on a magazine cover it looks good.

Point for sure
Chris

Love the color on the bird! And the hair is not white... just really blond lol!

Ryan

Reactions: mr mac
Looks like a might fine roasted bird, you didn’t Norman a solid!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky