Rub Question???

Discussion in 'Pork' started by jeremy, Apr 19, 2008.

1. I put dry rub on three racks of ribs late lastnight thinking I would smoke them this afternoon. They are wrapped in plastic wrap. Well plans changed and I will not be able to start them until tomarrow morning. I have never left the rub on for over 24 hours before only overnight. Will they be ok? Should I remove them from the plastic wrap?

2. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

They should be alright I would think, I wouldn't unwrap them as they would likely dry to much. Don't think you will notice much difference.

3. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

They will be fine tomorrow! Don't worry. Let us know how they come out. I've done that once or twice. I think that the extra time in the spices added to the flavor.

Hope this helps!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

4. Thanks for the replies! I feel better now knowing I'm not the only one this has happened to!

5. geob

geob Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Put some more rub on them when you place in the smoker. Spray with apple juice, keeps moist.

geob

6. fatback joe

fatback joe Master of the Pit OTBS Member

If they end up "hammy" that is why. They will still be more than edible, but depending on the salt content of your rub, they could start to cure and give you more of a ham taste and texture.........