• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Rolled Brisket

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigmattcheer

Oct 25, 2020
20201025_171259.jpg

I had my second ever go at smoking a rolled brisket from Costco! Unrolled it, rubbed it, smoked for 8 hours, in an offset smoker. wrapped it and cooked for another 4 hours. The taste and bark on it were delicious and incredible, but I'd love to get it a little softer, and add a bit more jiggle to it. Where am I going wrong?

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
I've rolled points, and really thin flats that came out fine. But it sounds like you didn't cook yours rolled??

Bigmattcheer

Oct 25, 2020
Nope I flattened it out! Everything about it was great, I just want to get it softer and more jiggly!

Fueling Around

Smoking Guru
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 10, 2018
Nice smoke ring!
My 2¢
You did not cook it long enough.
Me
Reduce the smoke time to 4-6 hours. Smoke ring is mostly cosmetic. Wrap then finish in your oven until probe tender. You can use a temp probe to watch the rise to 200°. Continue the cooking and temp rise until you get the softer texture by poking with a bamboo skewer. I've seen it anywhere from 203° to 210°.

Bigmattcheer

Oct 25, 2020
Nice smoke ring!
My 2¢
You did not cook it long enough.
Me
Reduce the smoke time to 4-6 hours. Smoke ring is mostly cosmetic. Wrap then finish in your oven until probe tender. You can use a temp probe to watch the rise to 200°. Continue the cooking and temp rise until you get the softer texture by poking with a bamboo skewer. I've seen it anywhere from 203° to 210°.
Thanks! I'll give it a go :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky