Rodney's Pig ...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oldschoolbbq

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 16, 2008
NW Ohio - outside Toledo
 Well , I got up at 5 am and went to Rodney's to begin his smoke , but rodney had got started at 2am. , stinker...
icon_eek.gif

He was doing good ( this is his second Pig) , had a little difficultyy with the heat but got that straight and 'Lo and Behold' it had to start raining . There were storms all night South of us at Findlay(possible Tornado).

Rodney had already  set his Pop-up over the Smoker and had it tied down ,so what light rain we got was no problem. 

This is Rodney :

a57f6683_RodneysPiggy002.jpg

you can tell he "loves" to have his picture taken
rolleyes.gif

ff53e22d_RodneysPiggy003.jpg

So , I took some more ... It's so much fun to watch people work

512fc55d_RodneysPiggy004.jpg

d8b0c5ee_RodneysPiggy005.jpg

The Smoker and just a little bit of wood left 
icon_eek.gif
c0d4d300_RodneysPiggy001.jpg

and here's the 'Guest of Honor'.101# and getting her Sauna . He's gonna have a nice finish...
drool.gif

I'll get the finish shots later , but doin' great. Serving at 5pm.
biggrin.gif
. See ya in a while , have fun and...

I'll be here for a while...
pb.gif

I didn't get back to get photos of the finish (reveal)for the guest . The Storm moving thru Fri. , down by Lima , got the Son's In-laws power and we  had to go resuce them . They were unhurt , but no power ,  they didn't have the Elect. for the MIL's O-2 eqiup.

I was told it was a great success , and all had fun . 
icon_redface.gif

Later...

I was wandering how you made out with the storms on Friday, Stan! I live between Findlay and Lima and it raised H**L here. We were without power for 30 hrs and a lot of people in the area are still out.

That piggy sure is enjoying that sauna, and getting a nice tan too!

What you posted looked great...Hope all's well after the storm...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky