Ribs on the Kettle w/ QView

Discussion in 'Pork' started by planeguy, Jun 28, 2009.

1. planeguy

planeguy Smoke Blower

Ribs on the Weber w/ smokenator , just some rub and smoked with hickory
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Man those look good keep up the good work

3. What is a smokenator? Is that the piece in the grill on the far left pic? Looks good by the way.

4. bigsteve

bigsteve Master of the Pit

5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thats some good looking ribs there planeGuy. Keep up the good work.

6. planeguy

planeguy Smoke Blower

Thanks - Smoking a bacon cheeseburger fattie and some baked beans. Will post qview later.

7. billbo

billbo Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wow that sounds good! I have wanted to do a burger fattie. Those ribs look good too!

8. rickw

rickw Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice looking chow, good job.

9. Awesome. I have a WSM but love playing around. I think I will order up a smokenator since mostly I do short cooks with ribs.

Any problem throwing on 2 slabs without the hover grill?

Good looking grub.

10. planeguy

planeguy Smoke Blower

I dont have the hovergrill as I usually just cook for me and my wife. I just have the food grill that came with the Weber. If I want to cook up some extra grub I just take a grill out of my electric smoker and prop it up on wooden blocks.

11. Nice looking ribs. After seeing those I just ordered the 1000 at noon today. Getting the whole shot. Thanks for the link.

12. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Love those old school Kettle smokes. Nice work.

13. valkman

valkman Smoke Blower

Mine only took 2 days to get here - it was fast delivery! I haven't tried mine out yet but can't wait.

14. planeguy

planeguy Smoke Blower

Don (the inventor of Smokenator 1000) was a pleasure to deal with. Answered every email I sent, and still does with questions I come up with. Delivery was super fast and the manual he sends is excellent.

15. bigsteve

bigsteve Master of the Pit

First time I used mine was Mothers' day. When I was done, I wrote him an email with a question. I figured to hear back Monday or Tuesday, but he answered that evening, Sunday-Mothers day.

I ordered it on a Monday evening, and had it in hand Thursday. And that was from Ca to Fl.

16. WHOA! I ordered my Smokenator Monday at noon and it got here at 9:45am today. Got a nice email from him Monday as well telling me it had been shipped along with little tips and such. That's super service and a great person to deal with. Can't wait to try it out.