Ribs -- Cut them all, or only a few.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

floridasteve

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 16, 2014
Bradenton
I'm just about ready to pull two slabs of spareribs out of the smoker. That's a lot more than we can eat tonight. Is it best to cut all the ribs up now? Or should I only cut off bwhat we can eat, and save the rest as a slab rather than individual pieces?

Thanks, guys. That's king of what I figured. They' we rested about30 minutes, and it'll probably be another 15 before I get the sides done.

First smoke in new MES 40bt

O.M.G.
BEST... RIBS... EVER,

My old smoker and was so small, that to cook a slab of ribs I had to cut them in half. Mainly did pork butts and chicken legs. I used two different rubs, one with my standard pork rub, and one with my chicken rub, which has no heat, only herbs and wine simmered to a thick paste. I used the classic 3-2-1 method at 225°. When it was time to foil, I didn't have any apple juice so I just threw in a little beer. LOL. once I uncovered, I glaze the slab with the pork rub with a mixture of honey and burbon. Mopped it probably four times.

Both slabs were great. Very juicie, great flavor, and extremely tender. Pitmaster Pro judges would say they were overcooked, but I don't care. I liked the unglazed paste rub best, but my wife and our guest liked the other better. Guess I'll keep doing two different kinds!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky