Rib Roast cooked too fast! Dinner is in 4 hours. Help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flywatt

Original poster
Dec 24, 2014
Cooked to 125. Wrapped it in foil and put it in a cooler with some towels. Will it be okay in there for 4 hours?

I've never let a cut like a rib roast rest that long.Outside of brisket that could be pushing it for rest time when it comes to beef cooked to doneness like rare/med rare but I would think you should be fine if you have a good cooler and wrapped well.

Holding in a 125 smoker or oven is best. Otherwise, Hold in the cooler. The last hour, place in the oven at its lowest setting. It will warm it without cooking it a whole lot more...JJ

Thanks, I don't have a SV available. I have one at home but I'm out of town. I read blasting it on the grill @ 500 degrees for ten minutes will give it a nice sear and keep it perfect on the inside.

Yes, if you didn't blast it already. That kind of head can overcook the outer the outer portion of the meat leaving rate in the middle and well on the outer edge...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky