Reverse seared porterhouse.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scottma

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 26, 2015
Massachusetts
Just wrapped up my first attempt.  Porterhouse steaks are on sale 5.77 a pound so I picked up three.  Had them cut about 1.75 inches thick.  Tonights was just under 2lbs.  Started out at 225 for about an hour to an internal of 123.  Took off and cranked the heat to 500.  I separated the filet for the wife as she likes it slightly above medium.

Here's about an hour in.  It was a great cut with a huge filet.

Threw on some corn as well.

Separated and on the grill grates upside down.

I broke the cardinal rule and didn't get a cut shot but I do have a pic of whats left. 

It tasted great and very different with the smoke flavor in the background.  Will definitely cook using this method again.  

Thanks for looking.

Scott

Must have been tasty! I suggest you get some Tatonka Dust to try on a steak sometime you can get it from Owens BBQ. That's a crazy great price I would stock up if I was you!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky