RePost : Armadillo Eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txbbqman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 3, 2009
Bryan, Tx
Thought I would re-post this since it seems to be lost in never never land

Remember I made this first batch in the oven because I made such a small amount. I have since made a ton in the smoker and the smoke gives them a much better flavor

Some folks call these lil critters Armadillo Eggs and I like the name so gonna stick with it and boy are they good.

First, this is the way I make them
  • take Jalapenos, cut off the top and core out the seeds and veins
  • Stuff with your choice of stuffing. I used cream cheese
  • Take a pre-made sausage patty and flatten it out
  • place Jalapeno on flat patty and roll up. Make sure sausage isnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t to thin as it will blow out as you will see in the pics.
  • roll this in seasoned bread crumbs
  • Smoke the on your pit @ 250 for about 1 – 1 ½ hors or until the sausage is done
  • Eat and Enjoy
The Ingredients
2e0o211.jpg

Getting ready to roll
2mxlbes.jpg

Going in the oven
2h88tg1.jpg

Out of the oven
313k9pe.jpg

One cut open
rucf2w.jpg

Hope yâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]all enjoy

I did those at home. They are really good!! I mixed a little biquick in with the sauage. It seemed to help hold them together a little more.

Very nice Q my friend. Sounds like a quick and tasty treat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky