Remembering two of SMF's great members

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
Those of you have been here for a while will remember two of the great SMF icons, Richoso and Ron P 

Both of these gentlemen contributed so much to this forum and I am pleased to have been able to call them friends.

Today marks the one year passing of Richoso and Saturday will be RonP's second anniversary.

As you do your weekend smokes please take a minute to remember two of the greatest  SMF members of all time 

RIP my friends  

Last edited:
They are not forgotten...JJ

Great reminder Gary. I do miss those guys.

Very nicely said! I didn't have the pleasure of knowing them, but I have read loads of helpful advice from them. And of course, keeping a legacy alive, I love Yoshida's!
yahoo.gif

For those of you who did not know Ron P - he was a Yoshidas machine. I think if he had a choice he would have bathed in it. A bunch of members of this and another forum got together a letter writing campaign detailing the numerous posts Ron had done using Yosdhidas and we sent the letters to Yoshidas HQ. Ron received a case of each of the products, a doll, a nice letter, and an autographed picture from Yoshidas founder. No one was more surprised than Ron. Another member (BeerBQue)  who passed just last December led the effort. Here is a little trip down memory lane

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...onight-mr-yoshidas-the-real-one-what-an-honor   

Last edited:
Both Richioso and Ron are 'happily' remembered each time we light - up our Smokers , and with the rising smoke goes a prayer for each one and thier loved ones...

Keep the Smoke Gods pleased you two , and keep Heaven ful of 'sweet - blue'.

Stan

Thanks, Gary.

Three great guys and they will be missed.  That bottle of Yoshida's in my fridge is a constant reminder of one.

Good luck and good smoking.

Thanks Gary for posting this. Every time I pull out the Yoshidas I always think of Ron. Rich taught me a lot about peppers. Two of the greatest guys I never got to meet personally, but their memories will always be in my heart. Hugs and blessings to their families as the anniversaries must surely bring a pang to the heart.

Ron P. called me two days before he passed away, complaining about the hotel they were living in and he couldn't walk his dogs and couldn't light up his smoker; I felt so bad there wasn't anything I could do to help.  I know he's resting in peace at a Labor Day cookout at Jesus' house, the Masterbuilt running full blast, stressing his house wiring!  And I'm sure they're both dipping into the Holy Water pretty good w/ Beer B Que too!  Amen brothers and enjoy the day that God Has Made!

Last edited:
Well said, Pops.

I didn't have the pleasure of knowing them, but have learned much from their legacy here on the site.  Their guidance has helped me avoid disaster and hone my skills with this hobby to produce some wonderful meals for myself and my family, as well as given me something to learn and share with my two stepchildren.  I appreciate their contributions, and hope that their families find comfort in the notion that a part of them lives on in families across the globe.  May they rest in peace, and may the peace that passes all understanding that is from the Lord above be with their families as another year passes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky