Recteq bullseye ran on battery

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fftwarren

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
About a month ago I saw an online forum(or Facebook or something) where a guy was running his bullseye on a ryobi 20v (I believe; could be other brand and voltage) drill battery inverter. If my memory serves correct, he was on like hour 6 on the first battery. I cannot for the life of me find this. Does anyone know where this posting is and can possibly send a link? Thanks in advance for any help.
Basically, he was powering his bullseye with drill batteries to be used out away from any other power source. Wanting to do the same at the beach, but can’t find the posting and would hate to waste the money on something that didn’t work.

Not sure if it's the right one but video on YouTube by I'm hungry
What does it take to power a rectec bullseye rt - b380
I didn't watch the whole video

Ryan

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Not sure if it's the right one but video on YouTube by I'm hungry
What does it take to power a rectec bullseye rt - b380
I didn't watch the whole video

Ryan
Yea I saw that one but that wasn’t it. This guy basically just had his “drill battery” power inverter accessory sitting on top of his pellet hopper on his bullseye. And the first pic said something like “6 hours in and still going strong

About a month ago I saw an online forum(or Facebook or something) where a guy was running his bullseye on a ryobi 20v (I believe; could be other brand and voltage) drill battery inverter. If my memory serves correct, he was on like hour 6 on the first battery. I cannot for the life of me find this. Does anyone know where this posting is and can possibly send a link? Thanks in advance for any help.
Basically, he was powering his bullseye with drill batteries to be used out away from any other power source. Wanting to do the same at the beach, but can’t find the posting and would hate to waste the money on something that didn’t work.
If you can't find the post, you can figure it out.

Basically your smoker runs on AC power. All you need is an inverter that takes the battery power and inverts it to 120V AC. How long it lasts depends on the power draw of your smoker. Then it depends on how big of a battery you have. The power draw can't be that much, all it has to do is run the pellet pooper. Find the power draw of the smoker and I can help you with the battery.

From HomeDepot

Reactions: fftwarren
If you can't find the post, you can figure it out.

Basically your smoker runs on AC power. All you need is an inverter that takes the battery power and inverts it to 120V AC. How long it lasts depends on the power draw of your smoker. Then it depends on how big of a battery you have. The power draw can't be that much, all it has to do is run the pellet pooper. Find the power draw of the smoker and I can help you with the battery.

From HomeDepot
Definitely agree and out of my comfort zone, but a while back I had to go off a generator. The start up is what takes the most power.keep that in mind!

If you don't already have the battery amazon has many low cost inverters that would also work. This gives you more options because you can pick the power you need. It's the choice I would make. I assume you own one, i would ask their support team about the current draw, just tell them what you want to do. Once you have that number it's easy to get what you need. Just be sure they tell you the startup current.

And what is fft? I'm an engineer type and it has specific meaning to me, I don't want to call you 'fast fourier transform'. Ha ha ha, just fooling around.

fftwarren fftwarren I was bored this morning and sent a message to recteq about what battery they needed. Here is the reply:

Hey Ray,
Thank you for reaching out! We have some customers that will use battery inverters for their grills if they are tailgating or camping. What we recommend is a 5 amp inverter that puts out around 600 watts of power. The grill will use the most power at start up when the ignitor is on but when the grill gets up to 180 degrees, the ignitor cuts off and the grill will use about the same amount of power as a box fan. You should be able to find these on Amazon or maybe a local hardware store. I hope this info was helpful and if you have any other questions, please let us know! Thank you and have a good evening!

This is why I am skeptical of many online claims.
fftwarren fftwarren ...
What we recommend is a 5 amp inverter that puts out around 600 watts of power. The grill will use the most power at start up when the ignitor is on but when the grill gets up to 180 degrees, the ignitor cuts off and the grill will use about the same amount of power as a box fan.
Definitely agree and out of my comfort zone, but a while back I had to go off a generator. The start up is what takes the most power.keep that in mind!
I knew the ignitor was the biggest power draw, but no idea the number.

A 12 volt inverter is your best choice. I have a 800 w unit and it wasn't very expensive
Drag out the trolling motor battery and plug in that inverter.

Reactions: fftwarren
I don't remember which one it is but there is a portable pellet grill or two that run off 12DC and use a 120VAC converter for home use. Maybe the little Green Mtn. Grill? Something to think about if it would work for ya.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky