Re The Eclipse - Add your pics and experience here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
So who here is in the path of totality? We are right on the path here in Ohio with total eclipse expected at 3:14 PM. Some towns nearby have closed stores and medical offices tomorrow either all day or at least partial day. I've seen very little additional traffic in our little town but the local hotel boosted their $57 a night rate to $325 lol. I've got my eclipse glasses ready to roll.

1 of my net buddys has had a reservation for a year, 2 weeks ago he got a cancelation, reckon it went to $800 and something, he wanted to sue but there is wordage in the reservation that covers the hotel. Bet I would post all over the net about that, they probably got his $ in advance and had it for almost a year lol.

Our local news station interviewed a person that had reservations about a year in advance and was cancelled.

Reactions: jcam222
We're pretty much in the thick of it. Most things are closed. We're already a big travel destination so we've been warned to expect SERIOUS traffic, enough that it will be dangerous. Like people just stopping on the road or parking wherever to get out to view. How true that ends up remains to be seen. Won't be too much longer and we'll have to deal with the same for Brett Michaels and Ace Frehley at Ohio Bike Week.

We're smack dab in the center totality. All the Northern cities and towns are gouging the hell out of folks. It could be an interesting ride home from work tomorrow. VT. has a population of 650,000 and they're expecting 200,000+ flatlanders to make the trek.

Chris

I think we will get about 70%. I'll forget about it, and think we have a dark cloud cover. Haha

Reactions: dr rat
We're pretty much in the thick of it. Most things are closed. We're already a big travel destination so we've been warned to expect SERIOUS traffic, enough that it will be dangerous. Like people just stopping on the road or parking wherever to get out to view. How true that ends up remains to be seen. Won't be too much longer and we'll have to deal with the same for Brett Michaels and Ace Frehley at Ohio Bike Week.
I imagine your area will be horrid for congestion. I'm not into bike week but I may just have to pop over to see Brett Michaels.

Reactions: zwiller
I'm about 25 miles north from total. Luna Pier Michigan is where it will be total, by the Ohio border
Man I've gassed up at the Luna Pier exit more times than I can count on business trips to Detroit and Ontario

Reactions: ronf
We are only in line for half of it on this one… the last one… it was a total here! Pretty cool to see!

Other than the total shit show of people… that part was not cool… but I am an old redneck that don’t care to be around a crowd!

I imagine your area will be horrid for congestion. I'm not into bike week but I may just have to pop over to see Brett Michaels.
You and 100k others LOL. Gonna be a BIG one this year.

2017-OBW-PROGRESSIVE-PICS-15-1-1200x480.jpg

business trips to Detroit and Ontario

tries%2Ficons%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F036%2F622%2Fagnes.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky