Ranch Chicken pasta sald

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinnoob

Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
I made this awhile back for a family gathering and it was a hit.  I keep getting requests for it so I thought I would share with you all.

24 oz, dry pasta noodles (I use Tri Color Rotini but any shaped pasta will do)

1 lbs. bacon

3 lbs. boneless chicken thigh or breast

6 tbs appx. olive oil

3 packages dry ranch dip/ dressing mix (4 if you want more dressing.  You will also need to double mayo and sour cream)

8 oz. mayo

8 oz. sourcream

4 celery ribs sliced

1 large carrot diced

1/2 red onion (if you really like onion you can use a whole one I like more but my wife doesn't
blah.gif
)

Mix mayo, sour cream and 1 package dip mix.  Place in fridge to blend and cool.

Dice bacon and cook until desired crispiness, drain and cool.

Cook pasta to al dente (not mushy) and shock cool in ice cold water, drain very well.  After draining pasta, lightly mix with appx. 3 tbs olive oil (to prevent the pasta from becoming one large block) keep cool in the fridge.

Cube the chicken into bite size pieces (about 1/2").  Mix the chicken with remaining olive oil and then 2 packages ranch mix.  Roast in a 350* oven for about 20 minutes until done, stirring once while cooking.  Drain chicken and spread back out in roasting pan to cool.

While chicken is cooling slice celery, dice carrot and onion.

Combine pasta, chicken, bacon, veggies and ranch dip.  Place in fridge to keep cool until serving.

Sorry no q view will update when I make it again.  I hope you all enjoy and I look forward to any comments.

Chris

yah the next version will definitely have smoked chick.  I made the recipe several years ago before I ever got into smoking and before I got good at grilling lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky