Rack of Lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
First off let me just say me just say make sure your meat is thawed! Things started out where I found my Inkbird Thermometer I been missing for weeks! I searched everywhere several times! I have an old style metal lunch box I keep remotes in. I went to pull my Roku remote out and got my Inkbird. I have given up seeing that again. Than got the Lamb on. Figured about 10 minutes. After 30 minutes figured something wrong with thermometer and got a another one. Well one hour later starting to get to temp. As you can see burned the legs off try to get to temp. I showing you the best as the other half still raw!. Gordon Ramsey would of had a fit! I really like that tomato relish I made. I could eat it everyday! I going to see if can find some more green tomatoes. I need enough to get through winter!

20210807_160846.jpg 20210807_161335.jpg 20210807_161635.jpg

Last edited:
I like my lamb medium rare, so looks like it worked out for my taste. I'll be right over!

That lamb looks delicious. Sorry for the trouble, but I’d take that lamb off your hands and never look back.

That's Not Burnt, That's Flavor!
I like a nice char on my meat and I like it med-rare to rare, so that actually doesn't look too bad to me.
Yeah, frozen meat isn't ideal to work with and cremating those bones is a lil'too much, but live and learn.
Slice them chops and sear them if a little too raw.

But really with smaller/thinner cuts of meat, for me getting a decent maillard effect is always an issue without overcooking.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I'm with the others... I'd sure eat it! Looks good! I don't eat the bones anyway.

Ryan

Yeah Buddy, I like Rack of Lamb, period. Rare, Medium, even Med/Well. Next time, Wrap them Bones in a couple layers of Foil and expose the last 30 minutes for a nice presentation...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky