QUICK HELP WITH A TURKEY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fishinman89

Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Northern MN
Been smoking a whole turkey for the past 5 and half hours and the breast temp is only 150*!!! I figured I have enough smoke flavor in it by now so my question is, how long should I put I put it in the oven and at what temp to get it to 170*? Please help

I dont think you will have to cook that turkey too much longer.  I would keep cooking it until it reaches a temp of 165-170.  i would put it in the oven at 325 and cook it until it reaches that range.  This may also help to crisp up the skin too.

Reactions: fishinman89
What Santa said...but you could just crank up the smoker temp and don't add any more smoke....

Good luck.  I'm doing a turkey next weekend and one on Thanksgiving....trying to decide whether to use the WSM or the MES.

Reactions: fishinman89
Thank you so much.  I put it on a pan and stuck in at 350.  I covered it with foil, should I have done that?

The turkey turned out amazing!! Absolutly love the slaughterhouse brine recipe and it turned out great using hickory wood.  Thanks again for the help!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky