Pulled pork test run

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Akent51

Original poster
Oct 7, 2018
hello everyone this is my first post but I’m not new to smoking meats I fell in love when I was about 16 now at 22 I have a gmg and a Akorn. So today I decided to do a test run with a pork butt on my gmg because I’ll be cooking 3 at work in the coming weeks not sure why I felt like I need a test run but it probably has something to do with the great byproduct lol. I’ll post finished pics later. Any advice is mor then welcome

Attachments

• 05C72E6D-7CD4-49D1-A4F9-8AA5FAD8E56C.jpeg
    05C72E6D-7CD4-49D1-A4F9-8AA5FAD8E56C.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 43
Haha thank you crazzycajun I’ll send the samples but the post office may accidentally lose them ;) lol

Butts take some time, a lot of time. 1 to 1 1/2 hour per lb at 225 in an electric smoker. Not sure about a charcoal rig and what temp you'll be cooking at. But no matter what I am sure the folks at work will appreciate all your efforts and enjoy the food. Good luck!

Best advice I can give you is - Take it easy and don't fret the small stuff. Butts are very forgiving and can survive almost anything we can throw at them. Good luck and enjoy. Oh yeah, welcome to the forum.

Chris

Butts are easy, just takes time. I did 2 picnics, both 11 lbs each and ran the smoker at 285, they took 11 hours to hit that 205 temp. Simply delicious!! Best of luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky