Pulled pork pizza with Slawsa!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tatonka3a2

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Glenburn, ND
We were preparing for a winter storm here and I decided to get the majority of the cooking out of the way at the beginning of the weekend.

Started with 2 pork butts and rubbed with mustard and seasoned with Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub. Wrapped and into the fridge for a couple of hours.

img6519h.jpg

Onto the Yoder at 225° and the AMNPS loaded up with maple pellets (this was in the hopper as well).

img6522pw.jpg

Over 11 hours into the smoke....

img6526a.jpg

You can see the pellet smoker lasted over 11 hours.

img6528e.jpg

I removed them from the smoker when it was 198° and foiled and into the cooler for a couple of hours to rest before pulling. Here it is right before pulling...

img6536a.jpg

Excellent flavor!! Love the pecan rub!!

img6542v.jpg

Day 1 - we had pulled pork sandwiches that were devoured by everyone young to old! Didn't get pictures as everyone was hungry.

Day 2 was Pizza! BBQ sauce/pizza sauce mix as the base sauce, pulled pork, onions, Slawsa, and some diced jalapenos along with some cheese as the toppings.

img6550b.jpg

img6552t.jpg

This is where you normally would see me say something like..... "Onto the Yoder to smoke" ....well with the winter storm that has been 3 days and blowing this pizza went into the oven instead.

This was the look outside, and not to mention that driveway has been shoveled twice over the weekend!!

img6554x.jpg

Out of the oven and it was great!! Love pulled pork on pizza, we do wish it was off the Yoder but I was tired of fighting mother nature all weekend! The Slawsa was GREAT!! I want to order some of the spicy version and give that a whirl too. Sliced pics don't look that great but they sure tasted great!!

img6563jr.jpg

Tanya, morning...  Just saw this pizza.... looks mighty good to me.....   Haven't put PP on pizza yet but I'm willing to try it....  I like your toppings....  Dave

WOW That looks great and Im with Dave havent  tried it on pizza but the way you made it makes me want to try

Great job... Love the color of your bark. Sorry about the never ending shoveling...

I will have to look to see if I can find some Slawsa or just make some of my own. Any type of salsa and do you have the mayo base in the cole slaw too???? I know, I know, but curious minds want to know.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky