Prime Bacon Wrapped Center Cut Ribeye w/ Red Wine Pan Sauce!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
I was working on Saturday and my wife tells me I have to get out of the house to help her pick out some meat for today......so I dropped my pencil and put on my coat!!!! Didn’t need any nudging....

So off to Costco and look what was screaming take me.......prime center cut ribeyes steaks!!!!!!
08CF44C4-E29D-42BF-94BB-46BB8D6307F5.jpeg

these babies deserved to have a special treatment.....so I trimmed the little bit of edge fat and wrapped them with bacon....at this point I’m really nervous cause I don’t want to mess these up.....
E2F275DB-CBD9-48A5-B99F-FEF857A9923E.jpeg

Seasoned them up with some Kinders butter steak house rub...as if they need any richness enhancement....LOL
3FBA5B7B-EB82-402A-83CB-6C177A3E37A8.jpeg

while the rub was settling in, I took the trimmings and tossed them into a hot pan to sear off then added a 1/4 onion and 2 cloves of garlic to sear...
8DE88459-9ACE-49BB-96B3-FFBF7D0AB7C1.jpeg

when they hit this point I added a cup of wine to cook down...
E875DB85-F031-434A-9489-BA8B4897F0B8.jpeg

when the wine was reduced by 1/2 I added 2 cups of beef stock and kept it rolling till there was only about 1/2 cup left and then I screened out the flavoring goodies.....
989A69F1-81C3-46C7-866F-23DDC949C3AF.jpeg

This is what is left out of the 3 cups of fluid....this was seasoned with SP and a pinch of sugar to balance it......this stuff is the BOMB!

while I was doing the pan sauce I put the steaks on the RT to get a little smoke before the sear....
12F74AA7-D3E5-4168-B282-663439D50B7F.jpeg

let them hang out in the smoke for 30 min then on the grill grated Weber for the sear.....
305F6B6E-BED6-4196-916B-109A5D88D242.jpeg

12 total minutes, turned each 3 minutes.......

bingo resting while I finish the veg!
A034EB13-C27A-4D2D-A239-5DD3ECCC1F74.jpeg

Oh man this view is mouth watering with anticipation!!!
2046D2E9-7A3E-4038-A6B5-CA5AA07C4211.jpeg

Pan seared some baby Bella’s and sweet corn....keeping it easy!
B9E02310-AFE3-470C-8DB4-EA8DA03A4E81.jpeg

If you haven't prepared corn like this it will change your view of corn as a side.....put a tsp of olive & butter then a splash of you fav steak seasoning and sear till they take a bit of color!!!
CD9E1650-12F0-4DC8-9C46-05DDAD86B25C.jpeg

Ok in know this was a long wait.....here it is matched with some GR Yukon garlic mash....
72A8D950-C415-4E68-BD78-FAE6C0171379.jpeg

this is the stuff of dreams!
49DDCC04-5955-4C6A-8A56-43FC6605B5C6.jpeg

and now you take that pan sauce and paint it up!!!
3B4203D1-74B2-47E7-B1F9-9B88FEE11700.jpeg

so to finish this up I will count the money at the table......
4618E251-7FD1-4908-B747-9FC3D1558587.jpeg

pure money!!!!! Oh and hard to believe this whole meal was less that burgers at the local burger joint....

Last edited:
Absolutely fabulous. I read this as i am waiting (with a beer) for dinner to take home from the local pizza joint. 🤣. Very nicely done. I am jealous.

Beautiful cook! That looks incredible! Man, you really nailed that whole thing. Awesome job!

Holy cow! And amen about the corn. I do that all the time but I add a lot of thyme and marjoram and get it a bit more caramelized. It turns a humble can of corn into something else entirely. Crazy nice color on those ribeyes.

Pre-cook those are the best looking ribeyes I've ever seen. If they all looked like that I'd be a much larger fan. Then you cooked them to perfection!!

Wow! You nailed that dinner. After looking at the first picture of the ribeyes, I knew they were going to be good as I scrolled further down!

Man take my credit card and max it out! It would be worth it to sit down to that plate! Looks great.

Jim

I was working on Saturday and my wife tells me I have to get out of the house to help her pick out some meat for today......so I dropped my pencil and put on my coat!!!! Didn’t need any nudging....

So off to Costco and look what was screaming take me.......prime center cut ribeyes steaks!!!!!!
View attachment 527182
these babies deserved to have a special treatment.....so I trimmed the little bit of edge fat and wrapped them with bacon....at this point I’m really nervous cause I don’t want to mess these up.....
View attachment 527183
Seasoned them up with some Kinders butter steak house rub...as if they need any richness enhancement....LOL
View attachment 527185
while the rub was settling in, I took the trimmings and tossed them into a hot pan to seat off then added a 1/4 onion and 2 cloves of garlic to sear...
View attachment 527184
when they hit this point I added a cup of wine to cook down...
View attachment 527186
when the wine was reduced by 1/2 I added 2 cups of beef stock and kept it rolling till there was only about 1/2 cup left and then I screened out the flavoring goodies.....
View attachment 527188
This is what is left out of the 3 cups of fluid....this was seasoned with SP and a pinch of sugar to balance it......this stuff is the BOMB!

while I was doing the pan sauce I put the steaks on the RT to get a little smoke before the sear....
View attachment 527187
let them hang out in the smoke for 30 min then on the grill grated Weber for the seat.....
View attachment 527193
12 total minutes, turned each 3 minutes.......

bingo resting while I finish the veg!
View attachment 527191
Oh man this view is mouth watering with anticipation!!!
View attachment 527192
Pan seared some baby Bella’s and sweet corn....keeping it easy!
View attachment 527189
If you haves prepared corn like this it will change your view of corn as a side.....put a tsp of olive & butter then a splash of you fav steak seasoning and sear till they take a bit of color!!!
View attachment 527190
Ok in know this was a long wait.....her it is matched with some GR Yukon garlic mash....
View attachment 527194
this is the stuff of dreams!
View attachment 527195
and now you take that pan sauce and paint it up!!!
View attachment 527196
so to finish this up I will count the money at the table......
View attachment 527197
pure money!!!!! Oh and hard to believe this whole meat was less that burgers at the local burger joint....
That looks outstanding - and I love my grill grates too :)

WOW!!! You outdid yourself on this one. Everything looks fantastic.

LIKE!!
Thanks one eyed! I worked really hard to because I didn't want to mess up!

Absolutely fabulous. I read this as i am waiting (with a beer) for dinner to take home from the local pizza joint. 🤣. Very nicely done. I am jealous.
Thanks bigf! if I messed it would have been pizza for me too...LOL but maybe if you look at the pics while eating pizza it will trick the mind.....

Beautiful cook! That looks incredible! Man, you really nailed that whole thing. Awesome job!
Many thanks jw!

Holy cow! And amen about the corn. I do that all the time but I add a lot of thyme and marjoram and get it a bit more caramelized. It turns a humble can of corn into something else entirely. Crazy nice color on those ribeyes.
Much appreciated Sven! Thym and marjoram....will try that combo too. I'm done thyme just not the marjoram, I'm also a snob and use frozen corn...LOL. The doneness was everything I hoped for when I picked up the package!

Now that's a fine looking meal right there !
Perfect cook and beautiful plate!

Keith
Thanks Keith, nice way to end the week or begin it....depending on how you look at it.

Nice cook Civil, man does that all look tasty! And that steak, perfectly cooked!
Many thanks Waterin! The local Costco has been doing a great job on doing thicker cuts which really help with the cook temp for sure!

Reactions: one eyed jack
Over the fence and out of the park, absolute perfection on a plate! Some fine work there for sure, RAY

Pre-cook those are the best looking ribeyes I've ever seen. If they all looked like that I'd be a much larger fan. Then you cooked them to perfection!!
1More, I would fully agree, they were some top shelf cuts! Costco has been doing the center cuts and then the rib caps side by side and I have done the rib caps (very rich!!!!!), but the center cuts.....I think I've found a new best friend!

Thanks!

Great looking plate and sides, nice job

David
Thanks David! The sides were pretty basic but the steak was pretty good company!

Home Run! You knocked it out of the park. In an attempt to find your first name came across this. Very cool! https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/avatars-and-usernames.301674/post-2136755
Thanks Brian! Oh yea that thread.....The top pic, the 5 legged roundabout, if you look closer you will see it also functions as part of the ramp metering and HOV lane system....Oh the other fun fact is the Bill Gates lives pretty much 1 mile down the road from this lid. He was on the project mailing list and I walked by his house many times while working on that project.

The second pic happened to be the first Single Point Interchange to receive design approval and go to construction in Idaho.

Wow! You nailed that dinner. After looking at the first picture of the ribeyes, I knew they were going to be good as I scrolled further down!
Many thanks xray! Yea they were almost good enough to eat raw.....LOL spanked them with some heat and they were good!

Nice cook !
Thanks Chop.....crazy thing is the important cook was only 12 mins.....

That steak is done just perfect for me!
It looks soooo tender & juicy!
Nicely done!
Al
Thanks Al! It was crazy tender and juicy.....It was like a prime filet tender with the smoked prime flavor.....I might have to do a few more of these!

That looks outstanding - and I love my grill grates too :)
Thanks Grumpy, yes I'm a fan of grill grates! They make nice lines but more importantly help on keep the temp consistent for more repeatable cook times....I still feel by my finger to doneness as it cooks but timing for thickness, marbling and cut type is pretty much spot on with them!

Last edited:
Man take my credit card and max it out! It would be worth it to sit down to that plate! Looks great.

Jim
Thanks Jim!

So speaking of maxing out the CC......I had a work dinner just a few weeks ago at a prime steak house and had a prime filet and this ribeye was equal....

The restaurant had A5 waygu (couldn't justify that)...... oh and these were parked out front and we sat next to the drivers table....

The Ferrari is cool but the really cool ones are the two GT-R's behind them....one white and one gray...both nismo's
Chandlers1.jpg

Just google the nissan gt-r nismo....its 215K worth....
Chandlers2.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky